Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Chryssie
Novice
Hi, Thank you community for bringing up what would be an incredibly useful feature. Dear Netgear, Please add a "snooze" or "temporary suspend" alerts, video and audio recording. capability with multiple time frame options. ( from 1 min to 8 - 12 hours maybe to cover everyone needs.). How ever you see fit to call it is fine.. As all the previous users mentioned, it would be great to be able to temporarily suspend alerts and video audio recording on 1, multiple or all cameras.. without having to remember to "re-arm" the system because it can often be forgotten. Can you at least indicate if that is something that netgear is considering or working on in the near future.. If so, a time frame would be most appreciated. Thank you for considering..
jayamilne
Follower

I've been wanting to add a few more Arlo's to my home but without this feature, I won't be buying any more from Arlo. Hopefully someone from the company will let us know if this feature will be added and if not, it might be time to find an alternate solution.

bondservant
Tutor

Here is the use case.  I have my lawn done on the weekends.  When the crew comes out, my cameras send out a flurry of alerts because there is a ton of activity.  I have to manually go in the app and disable the cameras on that hub.  (I've created IFTTT buttons to manually disarm/enable from my widgets on iOS).  

What would be PERFECT is a pause feature where I can go into the Arlo app, just hit "pause" and select a specific time period (15 min, 30 min, 60 min) and once that time has elapsed, the cameras will automatically enable again.  There have been plenty of times where I have forgot to arm my cameras again after manually disabling them to work around these sort of events. 

Another use case if you could use this when its late at night and you have your cameras set to record (in the house) at 11pm.  Sometimes we don't shut it down until after 12am.  Let me "pause" for 60 minutes so I know it will re-enable once the time has finished. 

cpnichols
Onlooker

Since there are times where I am still home for an hour of so beyound the schedule, or maybe the garrdener arrived in the backyard, of the maid arrived. I would like to use the App on my phone to suspend the Armed or schedudled mode for a certain amount of time: 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours. As an example. Is this possible? 

TomMac
Guru

not at this time

Dellepude
Fledgling

Hi, I am a very happy and satisfied user of an Arlo Q camera and the Arlo IOS app.

I have the geofencing mode activated and it works great. However, at least once a week (at different times each week) I have a cleaning lady who comes to my house for some hours when I am not home, and she thereby triggers the camera and the Arlo app detects motion and/or audio and warns me.

While she is in the house she will each time trigger the camera numerous times and to stop all the Arlo notifications popping up, I then have to manually change mode to "disarm", which is fine. The problem is, however, that I always forget to change the mode back to "geofencing" after the cleaning lady has left, leaving my house unprotected by Arlo. I could imagine similar situations arise for many other users.

Feature request: Could we please have a button under the "Modes" page in the app which, when pressed, would temporarily disarm the device and then automatically revert to the mode it came from after xx minutes (to be set by the user under Settings)?

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Idea

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

heng
Initiate

HI 

this Idea has already been proposed, but now is time to make it.

A  timed disable mode, that turns on detection and recording after a certain time. 

you set how long to disable recording an detection, and afterwards it automatically turns on again, I often forget to turn it on again like when I work in the garden and the constant messages bug me.( and drain batteries) 

thanks

Abituin
Fledgling

This is definitely a needed feature. A snooze mode where recording would cease for a set amount of time would be very useful!