Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
Alpo
Star

To prevent unnecessary recording, I like to switch the mode recording to off to conserve battery and cloud storage.  However, sometimes I don't remember to turn the mode back on. It would be nice if there were a fast and convenient way to pause a mode.  Perhaps by pressing the mode which is active, you could get a pause dropdown with a list of pause times, such 1 min, 5 min, 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 8 hrs or 24 hrs.

Olra
Novice
Would be nice to switch off all or subset of cameras for a certain period of time and then the system auto activating all later. Currently, this requires the manual mode, which switches off the schedule.
Would be nice to get an option in manual mode to snooze current mode into a differt mode of my choice for configurable no of minutes.
MNBug
Guide

Hey community and hopefully folks at NetGear.

One feature that I notice is missing is the ability to pause for XXX seconds after a motion event.  For example, you get a motion event and the camera records for 30 seconds.  Then as soon as it detects another motion event it does another 30 seconds.  I've used other cameras which allows you to pause for 60 seconds between motion events, for example.  Any plans to include this?

Thanks,

Nick

TomMac
Guru

good idea,

best if you send requsted features here;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

MarkDallas
Tutor

Love to be able to quickly change to a Mode (like Yard Work No Motion) for an hour or so, then let Arlo continue with the custom modes and times already setup.

0x520x430x45
Aspirant

Yep, this is another great idea that takes nothing more than the right code. Loving the concept of the Arlo, loving the hardware that is available now, but the software leaves quite a bit to be desired.

My system set up to email me and I have a very good alarm sound for notification I want to be woke up at night if someone's trying to get into my car I come home and I don't want to wake someone up so I could turn it off with a quick button there is no quick way to disarm your system I have to go in can make like a widget button for Android phone that allows us to click it off and on the turn off the motion detection and for the quick buttons in the app itself
robsin
Novice

Having a large family and lots of activity, I don't know when the kids will be playing outside during the day, it's difficult to schedule around. A nice feature would be a button to click to suspend the schedule for a set period of time, say suspend (no activity or set to another Mode) for 2 hours at which time schedule is turned back on.

That way, when we get home earlier on a Saturday, I can set it to be off for the duration of the evening until it's time for the kids to come home, etc.

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager

robsin,

Great suggestion!  The Arlo team greatly values feedback on ways to improve the system.  Our dev team actively reviews this board and we hope you continue posting features you would like to see supported with Arlo.

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

StuBee
Luminary

Need this.

When I know we are leaving the house or will be doing something near the camera for 5 minutes....i turn off the arlo.  But that means I have to remember to turn it back on...which I normally do not.

So....Snooze for 5,10,15,30 would be helpful.