Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
jguerdat
Guru

One extra step between the Mode tab and selecting Disarmed - you have to click on your base or Q camera to get to the modes.

jp206
Onlooker

+1 for snooze/pause button idea. I want my outside cameras to be active, even when I'm home, but when I go out to work on the yard I don't need an hour of video of me, so I disable them, but usually forget until much later to turn them back on.

BrianGGGG
Follower

Yes, I am constantly turning off my cameras (due to something temporarily causing the alarms to go off) and then I forget.  

It would be great to say "Change to mode X for 60 minutes, then go back to Mode Y"

carve29
Novice
First day with Arlo. Love it but today the yard crew came. It would be so nice to disarm the cameras and/or alerts for X minutes/hours. Please put this on your roadmap!
Yep, I've been waiting for this SNOOZE feature for some time now. I'm not sure why arlo has not implemented this yet. Seems soooo simple!!! Please Netgear add this feature!!!!
rickmyster78
Aspirant

+1 I completely agree. I thought Arlo would already have this feature. I always forget to turn motion on after doing yard work...sometimes even overnight. A temporary off function would be great.

oeytvedt
Novice

I wish me a pause button. So that the motion detector is disabled, for example, one hour, two hours or desired. So that when I visit in the garden or out to play outside the house, or work I know that the cameras are turned off and do not use batteries. In this way, I also know that I do not forget to activate them when Im finished 🙂

jayamilne
Follower

+1 on this idea. I am constantly turning it on and off and sometimes I just turn it off for too long of a time. This to me is my #1 feature request.

ADVDucky
Fledgling

I make heavy use of the schedule feature, and share my home with multiple people. And while we all have fairly consistent schedules, sometimes people get home early or take the day off work. I think it would be nice to just have a sort of Pause button that only turned the cameras off until the next scheduled task. For example, I have the cameras all on during the day on the "Daytime" schedule, and at 3:45 they move to the "Afternoon" schedule where a couple cameras disarm. If a room mate gets home at 3:15 for some reason, I'd like to have an option to "Pause" the cameras until the "Afternoon" schedule activates, at which point all of the cameras will return to following the schedule. Right now the only options are 1) get notifications every 15 seconds for the next half hour while I'm at work, or 2) disarm the whole system and hope I remember to rearm it. 

Jacit1
Follower
We need this, Arlo.
This will extend battery life too, for when it is needed.