Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Show image/snapshot when motion is detected

I get alerts that there is motion occurring. I have a camera at my front door. There are no windows, and I would like to know who is ringing my doorbell. It would be nice to have the option to have an image sent with the alert. It takes awhile to open the app and play the video. I guess a snapshot or delayed live stream accessible with one click would do it. Using iOS.

Comments
STTH
Apprentice

If this feature does not already exist, could you consider implementing it? Again, all software based:

The Modes allow you to define if you want the cameras to start recording when motion is detected.

But is there a way to take a photo if a motion is detected, or reaches a particular zone, or exceeds a particular threshold?

Say for instance, you want to start filming a person approaching from a distance, but while you keep recording, you might want the camera to ALSO take a picture of the individual once he gets close to the camera.

STTH
Apprentice

The Modes allow you to define if you want the cameras to start recording when motion is detected.

But is there a way to take a photo if a motion is detected, or reaches a particular zone, or exceeds a particular threshold?

Say for instance, you want to start filming a person approaching from a distance, but while you keep recording, you might want the camera to ALSO take a picture of the individual once he gets close to the camera.

If not, can you consider adding that feature?

homehome
Guide

Arlo Support, are you reading this? The screenshot is necessary and must-have feature; otherwise your system is close to useless.

Please add the feature and do not compromise our security! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @homehome

We have heard the communities request & released this feature utilizing Smart Notifications. I have provided an article below that goes in to further detail regarding the feature.

What is the Arlo Smart rich notification feature?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Status changed to: Implemented

jon_wu
Fledgling

Hi @ShayneS that looks like an awesome feature! Are you going to bring it to Android too?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jon_wu @homehome

This feature is currently available. You will need the smart subscription as noted in the article I provided.

homehome
Guide

@ShayneS 

Thanks you for the quick reply.

I just tested it now as well. If I press the push notification it takes me the app. There is no drop-down menu icon on the  notification. There is only an arrow if there are multiple notifications, in which case again nothing happens if I press any of them. 

In addition, if I long press the  push notification I get the defaault Android options for enabling/disabling  push notifications  from the Arlo app.

Can you provide a screenshot of the push notification and the arrow you are referring to that needs to be pressed? Also what version of Android are you referring to? 

I have  tried this multiple times but still no screenshot. 

PS. I hope the email screenshots is fixed. That is basic functionality. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @homehome

This was on my Note 9 Android version 9. Do you happen to have a screenshot of the display when the PN comes in? 

homehome
Guide

@ShayneS Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot right now.  

I will attach one here when I have one. However, please note that the notifications are nothing special. 

Just the regular Android notifications, which in the best case scenarion unfold and show multiple alerts which are grouped together in the case there are too many. 

Are there are any news on the email screenshots?