Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor alarm add-on or accessory to scare away intruder without waking neighborhood

-- I'm suggesting an External siren I can choose to *pulse quickly* a few short blasts --  or let it go continuously for 30 secs., or 60 secs., etc.

-- In the Forum, it lists the outdoor alarm issue as Solved ----- but it is *not* solved.

Only a Dlink workaround was suggested -- and it was noted that the Dlink alarm connected thru IFTTT is *not*loud enough to scare away intruder.

-- Controllable alarm is requested --  because

----- you don't want to wake the entire neighborhood if you are successful in scaring the burglar away with just a pulse or short blast of the Alarm. A controllable accessory Alarm you could mount inside (or outside) would make this system very solid. 

----- If the person persists, you could sound a louder alarm for a longer period, so that neighbors will call police or be warned there is danger in the area.

Scaring away the intruder is crucial --because thieves often *do not mind being on camera* and they know that police never show up in time to stop them from stealing.

------ A burglar who does not hear a loud alarm will simply continue robbing the house--even if he has seen or stolen your Arlo camera already..

So the Arlo system needs a loud, outdoor, controllable-from-the-app alarm.

(Contollable as to volume and length of alarm blast.)

Comments
BPMDallas
Novice

It would be a good idea if the the alarm siren could be heard from the Arlo Pro 2 cameras to scare off intruders and not just the base station. Yes the base station is loud but can only be heard inside the house. The Arlo Pro 2  cameras already have a speaker to play back audio might as well let the siren be heard from it too.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Klippel
Novice

I fully agree! Make it more or less like an ip classed smoke detector that easaly can be mounted outside. It should be driven by batteries or power from the wall, just like the pro cam. It should also be possible to control it manually as well as trigger it by the camera or so,e other smart sensors. Btw Netatmo is developing one indoor siren as we speak, so if you could bring one that is suitable for outdoor, it would easaly outtake the Netatmo version. I keep my fingers crossed

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

ArloProOwner
Apprentice

I  would like to see an outdoor siren or a way to have an alarm sound come out of that particular camera that is outside so that the inside base alarm does not  disturb my animals when pressed.  Besides a neighbor is not going to be alerted if it can't hear a siren that is indoors......only whoever is in the house, including animals.  

JakeParker
Novice

I'm an Arlo user and we've got Arlo users in our department. We've been thinking that similar to your doorbell, Arlo needs a compatible audible alarm that can be activated when a user sees something on their cameras.  This would be helpful in alerting neighbors and potentially scaring intruders away.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

JakeParker
Novice

Thanks, Shayne!

rocketman121
Follower

What about Arlo Chime?

sueton
Novice

I would like to see a remote (wifi)  Siren add on with an option to power it from a power point - trigger it if cameras detect movement or remotely. Might be nice if it had a light that gave extra light to the area it is in.  and Able to use it on any base station.