Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
The_Wraith
Apprentice
++1 * infinity needed on this feature. - it should be the default. Live view should NOT affect the mode settings of when a device detects, records, or notifies.
DrSchlie
Fledgling

Recording while viewing a live feed should be the default. This is a NO-BRAINER!

Evalfail
Novice

I just got a three camera system and I am currently testing it out.  The lack of motion detection on live stream is a huge oversight imo and I'll very likely return it because of this.  Are there any plans to correct this or add an option in the future?

irus99
Tutor

There is no plan for this to be added, with so many wanting this feature I feel someone from thencomthe  would have chimed in by now. I would return it. I wish I did but i waited too long and now I'm stuck with them. My other cameras, which I left up, allow for continuous live viewing and record motion. I wanted something with better quality which is why I bought these but quality doesn't really matter if it's not even recording lol.

pheewee
Follower

Oh, so I'm not alone here. I've just bought the Arlo Pro 2 system and expected it to do just that, monitoring and recording at the same time simply like any traditional CCTV. I was so disappointed that when it was on the Live mode it failed to detect motion and record. The areguments that KernyAU mentioned up here are right on the point.
The main reason that I decided to get Arlo Pro 2 is the easy set up that I don't have to run any cable around the house or pull my hair to get the port forwarding to work. But this flaw is too MUCH to bear. This feature (or should I call it lack-of-feature?) has been addressed ever since Pro 2 came out in October 2017, however 7 months have passed and Netgear hasn't come up with a solution to the problem. I don't know if I want to keep this system or to return it. Is this going to be a major change that Netgear is going to implement on Arlo Pro 3? If so, those of us who have bought the Arlo Pro 2 systems would just being the guinea pigs for Netgear? May I remind you that your system aren't cheap?

irus99
Tutor

Just return it. I wish I would have but I held out hope with no luck.... Big mistake on my part 😞

DanTran99
Star

Same here... I wish I had returned my Arlo Pro Systems... now I’m out a grand...

Comiot
Aspirant
I have just discovered this flaw and it has now ruined my purchase decision! How can you have a system notify you of an event, go to said event to view activity, and have the event stop recording?! Stupid, stupid, stupid. So if/when I have an intruder and get the notification, when I go to view the intruder in action I stop recording my evidence. I am now returning my entire system by the end of next week while still within my return window unless this critical flaw is fixed or I read a commitment from Netgear to fix. Too bad, I really loved the system intitially.
pheewee
Follower

Yep! I've just returned mine. Too bad that I liked most of its features. Now in the hunt for another system with similar features sacrifice of the basic functions. Any suggestions appreciated!!!

Cruzzer08
Fledgling

Please add this option!! I recently had some kids jump into my backyard, I turned all my cameras surrounding the house to live, but didn't have time to press record on all of them and I missed the shot that would have made it possible to identify them.