Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
DrSchlie
Fledgling
I have seen this request for some time now, and share the desire, but there has been NO SIGNIFICANT reply from NETGEAR.. Have you wondered why? I think it is because the opinions of we itty-bitty customers have no impact whatsoever! Whose opinions will hole sway? SHAREHOLDERS. have opinions that matter. Unless one is a shareholder, just suck it up and accept that you have bought a system that was first to market with some great ideas and features but has not been designed with all the features that you want.. BTW I am not a shareholder of NETGEAR and have never been. I like the system but, in my opinion, customer service is a stinking disaster with only lip service given to consumer complaints.. Still I have bought a second system because I have learned to negotiate the territory. Best wishes to all. -- Craig
Comiot
Aspirant
I just got back from returning my entire 1k system because of this flaw and particularly the response I received when chatting with support. The agent I chatted with was HORRIBLE. She gave me scripted responses and repeated the same statements over and over again for spite I believe. If I would have gotten a professional and courteous reply that instilled confidence in the future development of this flaw then I would have gladly kept it. This cost them not only my expensive system, but two other locations that would have been purchased as well (including one business and CVR plan). Too bad, your customer service agent cost you a lot of business.
JamesC
Community Manager

Comiot,

I apologize for the poor experience. When watching a live stream, you can manually initiate a recording by pressing the record button on the camera widget. This allows you to continue recording an event while streaming live. You can then pause, stop and continue the recording as desired.

JamesC

KernyAU
Fledgling

Hi JamesC,

You are completely missing the point. Your response demonstrates a lack of understanding and no action to escalate this issue and have it fixed.

I have already provided detailed use case scenarios in my earlier comment to explain why this is a failure of the current design, and needs to be treated as a feature request.

James C, please take this issue to a higher level within Netgear.

Regards,

KernyAU

irus99
Tutor

I have to agree KernyAU. This really is such a simply fix but not even a response telling us its being worked with a target date of this issue being fixed or even to simply tell us to keep dreaming as it will never happen. Its really frustating...

Comiot
Aspirant

"I apologize for the poor experience. When watching a live stream, you can manually initiate a recording by pressing the record button on the camera widget. This allows you to continue recording an event while streaming live. You can then pause, stop and continue the recording as desired. JamesC"    

Actually no you can't. I learned the hard way that you have to wait till your recorded time limit is up before it will allow you to manually hit record. I had the 2 minute maximum mode set, and the record button does not work until that 2 minute time limit is up. If this major design flaw can be fixed I would actually buy the system again, as everything else was great.

daveandcorie1
Fledgling

If I click record whilst in live view how long will it keep recording for?

Dymo33
Star
Just came upon this thread after trying relentlessly to solve the same problem! I am also considering returning my entire system if this design flaw is not patched in an update before my return window closes. How on Earth can you design your camera system to stop recording an event because you want to see what the live event is about? I will not pay extra for CVR which also has no download feature.. Please Netgear hear this plea for help. My Ring system does not have this design flaw. I am using this system for my business where I need a wireless camera. It is CRUCIAL that hitting Live View does not stop my camera from recording a break-in!
Dpt
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would be good if the cameras would still be triggered and record by Audio or Motion events while watching live view. At the moment it's either watch live view and press the record button which takes about 5 seconds to activate or not Watch what is going on and wait for the Motion or Audio to finish and watch the recording, We really need to be able to watch live and still be motion or audio activated recorded events.
Adam85282
Guide

100% agree that viewing live feed should not change the motion recording operation.  I can hardly believe this isn't already default behavior.  I just always record when I'm viewing live (which I also wish I could make a default).