Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change mode commands using Google Home assistant

is avaiable a list of Google assistant commands?
I need to change the Mode using Google assistant, for example: "ok Google set Arlo in programmed mode"
Or
"Ok Google set Arlo in deactivate mode"

Comments
astinton
Initiate

I'm sure this would be a joint venture between Arlo and Google, but I would LOVE to be able to give a voice command such as "Hey google, arm arlo cameras" or something and go from disarmed to armed.  If there could be just one implemented voice command, that would be it. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

smirnoff20
Novice

I sort of expected this to be standard, gutted that it isnt. I second this request. I would like to be able to arm and disarm arlo using google home and voice commands.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @giovesoft,

We currently have the command to view cameras through Google Assistant. You can read more about it here: How do I view an Arlo camera with Google Assistant?

I moved your post to this Idea Exchange board regarding to add the command using Google Assistant to change mods. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

mcrumpto
Onlooker

I’ve just created an at home mode that arms the external cameras but not the one in the house. 

I’d love to ask google to “arm external cameras”

or say “night night” and the internal camera kicks in when I go to bed. 

stuharv71
Aspirant
I would like use Google Home Mini to turn on/off the cameras. It would be good if I could leave home and say ' ok Google, leaving home ' and automatically turns cameras on.
clj2012
Initiate

PLEASE support this feature!

@astinton wrote:

I'm sure this would be a joint venture between Arlo and Google, but I would LOVE to be able to give a voice command such as "Hey google, arm arlo cameras" or something and go from disarmed to armed.  If there could be just one implemented voice command, that would be it. 

Hectorj3
Follower

Hi

I was using Google Assistant with IFTTT to arm/disarm my Arlo System, but yesterdar it stoped working. I read in Google Home forums that it seems that Goggle will no longer work with IFTTT.

Is there a way to arm / disarm my system without having to use IFTTT integration?

Saludos

Carpe diem

Retired_Member
Not applicable

We definitely need this. I hate Google Assistant / Google Home (since I'm on iPhone), but I have to use it for some things. Especially since Nest is about to switch to Google Assistant because "works with Nest" is going bye bye.

sxhexe
Fledgling

I would definitely want this. Please implement it.