Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adjustable alert zone shapes and zone dependant alerts

Come on... I need alarms only on my front and interior doors.  trapezoidal zones is the answer not third grade programmers with squares and rectangles.  Prove to the world that you can do better.

VMB4000r3

4R03757UA2CDB

1.9.0.0_14639

Thanks for listening

Tim

Comments

There is support for "irregular shaped Activity Zones" in Ultra and Pro 3 cameras.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Good god I wish there was a way for me to draw on a zone! My driveway is diagonal to the road and the 3 zones don't work! .

Ziya
Apprentice

I agree get rid of square and rectangle zones.

Everyone should post and request a change maybe that way arlo will start to listen.

JCKNY
Novice
I noticed on the Arlo advertisement for the smart plan you can change the shape of the activity zone, but the app and desktop only allows me to do the rectangle, can anyone advise if custom shapes are actually possible.
StephenB
Guru

@JCKNY wrote:
I noticed on the Arlo advertisement for the smart plan you can change the shape of the activity zone, but the app and desktop only allows me to do the rectangle, can anyone advise if custom shapes are actually possible.

Some cameras have that feature, but not the Pro2s.

wswhite
Tutor

Two users here have stated they have been able to create activity zones other than rectangular @Muckman and @Pklogic. I'm certain I have done this on Arlo Pro 3 too but can only create rectangles now.  It seems like we're losing more features than we're gaining.  What's up with this?

Marmobster
Aspirant

I have tried to adjust it on my iPhone and my desktop but cannot get it to do the 6 point field only the standard 4 corner box/rectangle

Joel_in_OP
Follower

I live next to a school. My back fence line is not square to my camera.

I get alerts and video when the children are on the playground unless I cut the zone short of the area I want to cover.

If I could turn the zone at an angle so that it aligns with my property line I could fully cover my yard and not get false alerts and recodings.

Navamuel
Aspirant
Hi
I have 6 cameras the Pro and Pro 2 and the new wireless doorbell (upgraded yesterday from a Ring 2)

For the activity zones I would suggest that we are able to select if We want to do squares or free flow shape as other brands do, on my case because of the shape of the area I need to cover I need to draw 3 square to cover the are I need to receive notifications.

Thanks
James6
Tutor
Activity zones need to allow for shapes other than a square/rectangle - given that a driveway will not be this shape on the camera it means the activity zones either don’t cover enough or cover too much of the area