Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adjustable alert zone shapes and zone dependant alerts

Come on... I need alarms only on my front and interior doors.  trapezoidal zones is the answer not third grade programmers with squares and rectangles.  Prove to the world that you can do better.

VMB4000r3

4R03757UA2CDB

1.9.0.0_14639

Thanks for listening

Tim

Comments
Mukman
Aspirant

I have the Pro 3 and somehow made the polygon,, see below. But I can't remember how..Anyone have any luck with this yet?

Screenshot_2019-11-11 Arlo Web Portal Smart Home Security.png

StephenB
Guru

No idea how you did that, since my Pro 3 cameras only do rectangular activity zones.

You can definitely create a polygon zone on an Ultra though.

Pklogic
Fledgling

@Mukman  I did the same damm thing  and have no idea how  anyone with updates yet how I did this  polygon shape with one  of my arlo pro 3 cameras???

https://s.amsu.ng/LiPYOAPZMd2N

africamonk
Aspirant

Why are the zones only allowed in box format? 

Arlo planning to upgrade for custom shapes/zones?

Dinosaurs went extinct awhile back.

africamonk
Aspirant

So Polygons are working on Pro 3 + Ultras?

Coming to Pro 2 soon ?

Capture.PNG

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

We have implemented activity zone adjustable shapes for the Arlo Ultra cameras. You can refer to this article here for more details: How do I create activity zones with my Arlo Ultra camera? 

For other Arlo cameras to have adjustable shapes and to have dependent alerts for each zone, we will be sure to update the community if we hear any new information.

africamonk
Aspirant

Noted and thanks for the link, but that update was from almost 6 months ago. 

Last Updated:08/26/2019 | Article ID: 000062123

Is there an update expected for Pro 2 incoming?

Cashwood67
Novice

So I have just signed up for the Smart plan after watching the videos about being able to set up alert zones and that you can make odd shapes to fit your area of choice, only to find out here that it is only supported on Ultras.  Extremely misleading advertising guys.  Not happy at all and you should put some kind of disclaimer on your website that is OBVIOUS.  I'm sue you have it in some fine print somewhere.

Very disappointed.

Ziya
Apprentice
The arlo community have been asking for an update with the shape of the activity zones from squar/rectangle to having a custom shape. Can arlo confirm whether this will happen any time soon as the square zones are not practicle.
Arlo community please flood this post if you want to see a change and hopefully arlo will start to listen and act.
Foxman4
Tutor

This applies to all Arlo Pro cameras really, but why can’t we have support for irregular shaped Activity Zones. Ring cameras have this, why not Arlo?