Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

adjustable alert zone shapes and zone dependant alerts

Come on... I need alarms only on my front and interior doors.  trapezoidal zones is the answer not third grade programmers with squares and rectangles.  Prove to the world that you can do better.

VMB4000r3

4R03757UA2CDB

1.9.0.0_14639

Thanks for listening

Tim

Comments
z33
Novice
Novice

Please make this happen ARLO

gabe1
Novice

Upvote for custom activity zone shapes! I somehow accidentally got the android app to make non-rectangular trapezoid, but it seemed to be a glitch because the triggering didn't seem to adhere to the zone and when I opened the zone editor on a web browser it showed it as a rectangle.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Anjos
Star

Good post.  I agree.  

Jim707
Initiate

Currently the 3 activity zones Arlo allows can only be selected in square and rectangular shapes and this really limits coverage area when you’re trying to cover areas that are at angles. In every other  product that I have experience with you can either freehand the area you want covered or create custom shapes to cover the exact areas you need covered. One of the reason I upgraded to a paid plan was because it listed activity zones, which I already had being plugged in, and figured the activity zones in the paid plan were modern and more configurable like other products. I’m very happy with how well everything else has been running so far but just can’t figure out why they can’t get the activity zone updated like other products.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Glasto
Apprentice
Who thinks we need more manipulation of the the activity zone boxes than the squares?
Be ideal if we could have more detailed shapes for accurate zones...
DHarris202
Follower

I agree wholeheartedly!  Overall the activity zones need a lot of work.  My driveway camera still thinks our cat is a “Person”.  

LordRegis
Initiate

I'd like to be able to move the corners of the box to draw a custom shape rather than always a box.

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 12.18.11.png

Azza101
Novice

Sometimes the placement of the camera does ot work well with defining the activity region to record. A better option when setting the region would be to work from a image page/screen with a grid and then highlight each square in the grid that you require motion detection to be ignored. The reason for this is a general rectangle is not always desired due to camera angle. An alterative would be to allow for better cropping by draging a corner in or out etc