Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows 10 Phone App

Yes. Please make a Windows 10 phone app. The web portal is not supported for live viewing since it requires flash and it is not supported in Windows 10 Phone. Or change the web portal to HTML instead of flash.
Comments

very very great features!!!

Dancer
Observer
Look at Instar cameras, fully support windows and can add external sensors which stops false positives. Free DDNS service included

Instar Camera isn't truly wireless!

Dancer
Observer
No it isn't, but it would depend on your usage as you whether the arlo is fit for purpose, and without spending a lot of money boosting wifi strength external to your home I question the theory of wireless for cctv. I actually went for a tplink router in the loft and get perfect HD quality. I can also monitor the home without worrying batteries will die on me as I am doing now from Menorca.
Mike_1
Novice

I have my Ring "app" on my windows 10 computer at work,  when it goes off, a notification come up and I can see who's at the door.    I would love to do that with Arlo, have an app on my computer and have the notification pushed, just like it does to my phone. . ..   And email is NOT the same. 

Lisalef
Initiate

Shoot we can't even use the browser WTF!

JamesC
Community Manager

While there is not currently a mobile app supported for Windows, you should be able to access some functionality from the web browser on your phone. What issue are you having accessing the browser from your mobile device?

JamesC

begg
Initiate

...using a Smartphone-OS with less then 1% market share is the logically answer on your post....it costs too much to develope an app for really every single OS which is avaliable on the whole world...use your browser - it works not that bad...but pls do not use edge...install Chrome or finally get a Droid! 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso

I would be happy to use my mobile browser to manage my Arlo cameras, but,

1. Netgear decided to use Adobe Flash, which works with zero mobile browsers and only a few PC-based ones.  This means you get a "flash out of date" error and you cannot see any live video.

2. Netgear redirects https://arlo.netgear.com on any detected mobile device to the app stores, which, as previously mentioned, is completely useless and wrong for any device that is not iOS or Android.  The workaround is to make your mobile device hide the fact that it is mobile to the web site, if you can figure that out, and then change it back afterwards.

AreV
Observer

I am buying a D-Link system. I called Arlo and came here for support and there is none. I wanted a totally wireless solution but arlo does npot want my business or any oither Windows users. If all you Windows users are fed up seeing here more than a year of asking for a Windows app but none forthcoming, then do this:

Using your Windows 10 phone go to the Windows Store and in search type "mydlink Lite" (without the quotation marks) and read the reviews.

I just changed my direction and am figuring out how to best drill and install D0Link cameras and Netwpork video recorder for my newly built home. I can run wires and fish cable if I have to.

I know that Windows mobile 10 dropped from 2.5% to under 2% this year. D-Link will get most of our business, if not all. HOw many is that? THe statistics on cell phone ownership is 2.08 billion smartphone owners in 2016 and 1.5% of 2.08 billion = 31,200,000

So Arlo is giving all of them away to D-Link. 31.2 million customers, and likely mostly in the US, is not worth getting their developers into the New Windows univeral apps SDK and systems so be it. I used to use Netgear Wireless routers too back in the old days. Since dual band routers became available I bought Linksys by Cisco. Boy am I glad.

Goodbye Netgear, we've grown too far apart.