Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows 10 Phone App

Yes. Please make a Windows 10 phone app. The web portal is not supported for live viewing since it requires flash and it is not supported in Windows 10 Phone. Or change the web portal to HTML instead of flash.
Comments
howardcj
Aspirant

Late in May Arlo had a conference. I asked the Question: When will Arlo be releasing a Windows Phone App.

Here's the response and it's already almost the second week of July.:

"Greg

2 Jun

TOP ANSWER
We will have a partner app that runs on windows phone in the next month. Keep an eye out for an email update from us".

So next month has come and gone and no Windows Phone App. Maybe Dlink.lite is the answer.

TTL
Novice
Novice

Please make an App for windows 8.1/10 mobile or allow the community to make it, I noticed some parts are listed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE and would like a link to the source code.Robot Frustrated

Please release windows 10 UWP app!

hometowngirl
Novice

Love my camers...the views are clear.  Instructions were very easy to set up.

Sven_J
Onlooker

It is now impossible to use the Microsoft Edge browser in a windows 10 phone! When browsing to arlo.netgear.com, Netgear sense that you are using a cell phone and directs you to a page where you have to download the Android or the Iphone app (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/useMobile). I.e. Netgear is now even working AGAINST Windows phone users - you can't even use the browser interface!I bought the camera a year ago when Arlo/Netgear said that the Windows app was under development.

Arlo/Netgear - you suck!

I got tired of being teased ... the day before yesterday I bought Blink https://blinkforhome.com/

Same functionality, but it costs half the price.

Blink is powered by two AA Lithium batteries, and battery life should exceed a year!

AreV
Observer

sbellisario,

Blinkforhome has no Windows phone app, I just checked. What kind of solution is that?? The topic is a Windows app for Arlo that has been long promised for more than a year.

I decided not to wait and bought a WiFi D-Link HD Pan and Tilt camera (DCS-5222LB) that is indoor only and must be plugged in to power. It is not what I want, but D-Link does indeed have a Windows phone App and works with my Lumia 735 Windows 10 mobile phone as well as my Windows 10 computer desktop all in one. I just set it up this motrning. It took a couple of hours to have their customer service folks US based, to walk me through the workaround and dropped back two firmware versions. I also found they have some security issues worldwide too.

Whoever gets a good truly wireless security camera system with an SD card that locally records in addition to the hardware using its own firmaware to correct vulnerabilities will get my business and my recommendations to friends.

Arlo, it seems you are not serious about the 35 million folks that use Windows phones, mostly in the US. That number based on 2% of the total smartphones in use this year.

I won't be buying any Netgear hardware again. This is typ[ical of a company floundering and then angering an entire group who will influence the purchase decisions of their friends for routers and WiFi gear. I already ordered for my new faster system and my camera a Trendnet unmanaged switch, a new Linksys AC1900 WiFi router, and already received my ZyXel HD Powerline wireless extender to be sure my new camera gets a strong signal. All purchases since my last post here in this thread.

Goodbye Netgear. I doubt you will be in business if you cannot afford a new Win 10 mobile app. You used to be the leader and let D-LInk, Linksys, and even Trendnet, take over because of great custoimer service and apps.

There are only three smartphone OS' in existence, Android taking the lead, iOS sliding down in market share like Netgear, and Windows 10 mobile at the bottom until the Surface Phones come out. BY then it will be too late for Netgear to recoup the customer loyalty they crished and threw away.

Goodbye.  

AreV
Observer

s Bellisario,

BTW, I tried to email or contact Blink to tel them they lost a a sale because of no Windows Mobile 10 app, and found that you can order but cannot email them (their only contact method, no phone nuymbers or forums or FAX) because the email "NOT customer service" contact will not go through until you have a customer user name.

D-LInk has phone and Netgear here has a blog and forum. I would never buy anything from Blink with no address., no phone, and they want me to send them over a hundered to 500 bucks based on faith and no way to check later when your items do not show? Can't even ask up front without a a user name.

I am finding the state of the Home security camera industry to be to put it mildly, poorly developed, and unresponsive to customers, even when they get them running, the security of the camera is in question and firmware updates do not work. D-Link has y'all beat on only having a Windows app.

Netgear, they will follow you soon leaving only the overpriced wired systems for the 35 million 2% of smartphone owners who chose Windows phones. I know, you don't want or need my business. Why not drop your Windows 10 computer compatibility while you are at it? Oh you have not realized that the ones who use Windows phones are likely 100% Windows computer users who buy routers switches etc. too?

We do talk and post to each other.

danabase
Onlooker

I just purchased the Arlo system and will probably return it if a Windows app is not available by the time my trial period is over.  Haven't enough people asked for it for long enough?  I see community threads going back longer than a year.  Why isn't one available yet?

tonyintheie
Observer
I'd your reading this thread Netgear, a windows phone app is needed NOW