Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Windows 10 Phone App

Yes. Please make a Windows 10 phone app. The web portal is not supported for live viewing since it requires flash and it is not supported in Windows 10 Phone. Or change the web portal to HTML instead of flash.
Comments
Dancer
Observer
- those developers responded to you yet?
Dancer
Observer
Netgear, Are you developing for windows?
brenrem
Onlooker

Hi James, any thoughts on 3rd party development?  If the protocol is generic?  Is it closed? Is it proprietary?  If so, would it be possible to allow a 3rd party to develop the app? 

In my experience, developers write for the platforms they like and not really interested in market share as they say they are, and regardless to how many people complain or market share any platform gets.  It's probably easier just to let someone else do it, even if under NDA.

NateU
Aspirant

I agree

Dusteater
Fledgling

I am very interested in purchasing an Arlo system, but would not consider it until there is fullo support for Windows Store.

KAJ999
Novice
Netgear without Windows support - LOL What the heck where you thinking!?? The forum ist full from requests and Netgear doesn't react at all! I get pretty upset by the amount of ignorance you are throwing towards users and customers who have already bought numerous of your products. For a very long time I gave any hardware request in our company a go once it was related to the Netgear brand, since hardware and support seemd always to be close to perfect. From now on I will compare with any competitor on eye-level, since I really cannot understand how a company can be ignorant to hundreds of user requests. This is so 20th century...
Dancer
Observer

Netgear - did you ask the developers for a response to the release date?

Dancer
Observer

http://www.zdnet.com/product/netgear-arlo-smart-home-security/#!

"But if you want to watch those videos on your phone you'll need the app, which also gives you all the same settings and options as the website. It's currently available for iOS and Android, but Netgear tells us a Windows app is coming in the next couple of months"

Knight21024
Tutor

Recently Ring.com released their app which supports all windows platform including the new Windows 10 phones.  I think if you invested in this approach you would get the maximum ROI for your coding dollar.

I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to see ARLO on XBoX - that would turn it into your home security monitoring system. 

Sven_J
Onlooker

Thanks Dancer. The article that says "Netgear tells us a Windows app is coming in the next couple of months" was published on June 15th 2015. That is 6 months ago. It's more than a "couple".

So Arlo/Netgear. Come on now. Can't you hear the crowd cheering? Windows app! Windows app! Windows app!