Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
LoveArlo
Novice

I asked support about this today and they recommended I come here.

I'm glad to see I'm not the first one to think of this.

Please make it a feature to activate motion detection on the cameras if the phone is away from home for more than say 0-100 minutes.

I can already see problems with this; such as when the battery on the phone dies or no cell phone reception.

Perhaps a notification that you are away from home and would you like to activate the motion detection on the camera or simply a reminder to activate it could be sufficient.

skip2753
Initiate

I'm not sure if I'm suggesting the same thing as you or not but I think you should be able to tempoarily "suspend" the schedule to change to an unscheduled mode and then, at the next shedule change, the system should revert to the scheduled mode.  There should also be a "permanent suspension" (which is basically how the system functions now)..

Some type of geofencing would be the ulitmate functioanlity enhancment I would think ...

andy00
Follower
It would be very useful to introduce a geolocation function whereby switching camera(s) motion on/off based on wether I am home or not. Motion Schedule is ok, but not very useful when you don't follow a working pattern, and remembering to set motion on/off manually can become tedious.
EagleEye305
Novice

I'm curious to know whether there will be any new features that allow arlo to arm on it's own when I leave my home with my cell phone. As well as disarm when my cell phone is nearby. Will NetGear be adding this as a feature?

JamesC
Community Manager

andy00,

Thank you for the suggestion!

Digiacom1
Fledgling
Yes, I purchased a Homeboy just for the Geofencing and would love it if Arlo would add this simple feature!
ashmueli
Aspirant

Or just work on an IFTTT channel and we can integrate this using other geofencing products we already have

YS86
Novice

Netgear - this feature is a MUST.  Stop ignoring all these requests.  

Either address why it hasn't been implemented yet or provide a timeline on when this will happen.  If you do not implement this feature, I will be looking for alternative.  

Do you realize how annoying it is to remember to activate the system again after you deactivated it?  Often I will forget to do it, and what's the point of a security system that is not on?  Seriously, this is an absolute must.

koshj
Novice

this would be an awesome feature.  I just googled to see which competitors have this feature and would really appreciate this for my Arlo.

Would make things a lot easier if I could enable motion after I leave home and disable it when I arive.

jeannuis
Aspirant

that would be very easy to have

almost a must have as arlo then records whenever the (mobile) thus no owner is in the house

i programmed something like this in my domotica gear:

# list of macadres of devices

macadres 1 is

# (heartbeat pulse)

if <mac adres of smartphone/phone/device> is in the wifi range (as the camera) <set counter number1 in seconds>

if <mac adres of smartphone/phone/device> is NOT in the wifi range (as the camera) <set counter number2 in seconds>

#amount of time between in the house or outside the wifi range

if <counternumber 2> minus <counternumber 1> is larger than <set amount of time>

# then record

if <there is motion> then <start recording>