Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
thadwhite
Fledgling

+1  

Also, it needs to support multiple phones.  Use case:  I'd like to enable motion alerts when my wife and I are both away and disable them when either of us is home.   

pkeyrich
Follower

What a cool idea!

I was going to write a suggestion for creating an iOS widget for turning the camera on/off.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

mattyblueice
Aspirant

Does anyone know if there is an automater/workflow app for the iPhone that will allow me to switch modes within the Arlo app?

Specifically, I would like a app to use the iPhone location service to turn on and off Arlo when I come and go.  For example:

When I leave my home, iPhone triggers the mode to flip to Armed

When I return to my home, iPhone triggers the mode to flip to Schedule.

Does anyone know if there is currently an app that can do this?

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru

I believe what your looking for is " geo-zones " and as of this time there is none to my knowledge.... but it has be entered in the request area so give it kudos and maybe netgear will add it.

here; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Elmar2001
Star
Really cool. Have the same problem and this would improve the Arlo a lot. Hope it will be realized.
StickierDuck
Novice

Adding my support to add geotagging, so much more effective than schedules or manually arming. 

Bramsen
Tutor

Would need to also extend to people with admin access. Optionally or automatically...

The geofence function on my Phillips Hue system is useless since my wife will be left in a house without light when I leave if using 😄