Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
SJ-Stu
Novice

Using the GPS capability of smartphones, have the Arlo app detect if the smartphone is home or away.  Then it could turn the motion detectors ON when away and turn them off when home.  This would be great for family members that come and go at random times during the day.  The motion detectors automatically turn on if no smartphones are at home.  And the camera batteries last longer because they are being used ONLY when nobody is home.

You would need to handle the special case of a smartphone being left at home even though nobody is home.  In this case, perhaps the app could sense that it is home and hasn't moved for over 30 minutes (settable) by reading the motion sensor in the smartphone.  If so it assumes that it's owner is away and, if no other smartphones are home, turns motion detectors on.

dase
Tutor

Yes, can't wait for this feature. I would be happy to have this feature without handling the special case you mention as it probably doesn't occur very frequently with most smartphone users.

Jodaarlo
Novice

Just here to voice my support for GPS/Geo-fence motion trigger on and off. This little feature would be immensely useful to have. 

Cfortan
Novice

I second the motion.  Being able to trigger recording of motion whenever you leave the house would be immensely useful and battery saving!

Baberim
Star

Currently you're forced to either use the schedule, or toggle your modes manually...which makes absolutely no sense. People leave their homes at unexpected and unscheduled times, so having some sort of quick mode toggle (to toggle the cameras on/off) which would override the schedule is crucial to have. You could set it so if your schedule is set, the quick toggle overrides the schedule so that ones you either turn them off or turn them on, you would have to do the opposite again to resume the schedule. 

A quick exmaple is:

1. Schedule has cameras set to off 
  2. I need to leave my house - Quick toggle "cameras on" mode. (This disables the schedule)
  3. I return home - Quick toggle "cameras off" mode. (This re-enables the schedule to pick up from the current day/time)
JBLAC
Fledgling

Geofencing which can enable or disable a rule based on settings would be ideal.  For example, if I leave the house, all cameras motion on, If I come back home, all cameras motion off.  

Bmw335gt
Follower

I agree, i posted an ask for Proximity based ont he same idea.  There are other companies out there doing this.  Hive and Homeboy have this function.

Jodaarlo wrote:

Just here to voice my support for GPS/Geo-fence motion trigger on and off. This little feature would be immensely useful to have. 

Swobby
Novice

Yo yo yo my funky dudes and dudettes,

This feature is a serious MUST. Please Netgear! You'll absolutley CRUSH the market implementing this.

Love the product so far. Geofence arming and disarming... please... make it so.

quest2000
Tutor

Yes... Yes... Yes...

dallyp
Novice

This would be a great feature! I do not need to be alerted when I pull into my own driveway 😉 Canary has this feature, however the cameras are not wireless and cannot be used outside.