Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
francisj
Fledgling

I'd like to use this system as an alarm: when I go out from my house I want to insert, when I came back I want to disable, is it possible to put a button on the app to arm and disarm the system?

JamesC
Community Manager

This can be done by switching the mode to the default "all motion off" mode. This will effectively disarm the system so that it will not detect and record motion.

negated
Guide

Yeah. I wish there was a button I could hit that was like "disable the cameras for <x> minutes" so I could just leave my driveway without setting the cameras off, or hit it on my way in. 

LQHenry
Novice
It would be useful if Arlo motion detection would auto disarm when I arrive home with my phone on my person and auto arm when I leave the area.
M2008
Fledgling

That the option i'm looking for! It is marked as solved, but wehre i can find the solution? 

TomMac
Guru

M2008 wrote:

That the option i'm looking for! It is marked as solved, but wehre i can find the solution? 

It is marked as solved only because it's NOT an option yet, but was already posted in the above request area... more kudos tothe request, better chance they'll do it

slingn
Follower

I would like the ability for motion sensing to automatically be enabled for all of my cameras when I leave my house, and disabled when I return.

This could be accomplished via a geofence setup by the Arlo app on my phone (assume that my phone goes with me when I leave).

iOS: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/LocationAwarenessPG/...

Android: http://developer.android.com/training/location/geofencing.html

This would need to be in addition to the schedule based options so that I can still capture motion at night when I'm home.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

CollnsCap
Novice

Strongly support this. Especially for those of us dependent on 4G data connections and given the current state of the Iphone app - takes a long time to sign in and find the mode.