Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Upgrade/Promotional Buyback/Trade in program

Why doesn't ARLO offer an Upgrade/Promotional Buyback program? I'm a relatively new customer and yes I know the new cameras are backward compatible with whAt I have but I would like and could really use some of the new features for all my cameras.

ARLO PLEASE consider putting together a program to help out all your customers that have older equipment. Buying the newer cameras and base station to get some of the needed capabilites and functions is just not affordable for me.

Comments
mraviver
Novice

I second RAKNM's request and am sure that there are many other Arlo users who would like to see Netgear offerring a buy-back program.

Jpure_0
Aspirant

I recently purchased a four camera Arlo Pro system and have been beyond happy with this system! I have to admit I was tossing the idea around for a while to go with a wired 1080p system and tried to find out if Arlo was going to roll out a 1080p update on the Arlo Pro or were they going to come out with a whole new camera down the road... I was unable to find a definite answer and I convinced myself that it would be in a form of a software update especially since the Pro camera was released not too long ago. My question regarding the Arlo Pro 2's is will there be an exchange system for trading in the Arlo Pro camera's for Arlo Pro 2's or at least some kind of credit towards the new 1080p cameras? I think this would be huge in showing your consumers that you have them (new and seasoned) in mind and continue on building Arlo’s reputation as the leader in the wireless security camera industry.

Thanks!

JP

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo Base Station is very flexible and able to handle feeds from multiple cameras at once. We have Individual Arlo Pro 2 Cameras on sale, so instead of exchanging an Arlo Pro camera for an Arlo Pro 2 why not keep the Arlo Pro attached to your Arlo app and base station and increase your security perimeter around your house with an additional Arlo Pro 2 camera.

Jpure_0
Aspirant

I realize that the base station would be able to handle both but I don’t need additional cameras, just would like 1080p resolution on the cameras I have in place now.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

We are not offering a camera exchange at this time. If you bought it recently and have the receipt you might consider a store exchange.

vskylinespec
Novice

Hello Netgear Team,

Would you guys have a trade-in program for the new Arlo Pro 2?

Thanks!

Joe

2ray4
Novice

I love the Arlo cameras and base station that I currently have. I seen you sell refurbished Arlo cameras. Since you have came out with Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2, I wish I could trade in my current base station and cameras and upgrade everything to the Arlo 2 system. Of course there would be a cost to upgrade (hopefully minimal). You could then resell what I turn into you as refurbished and then continue to make money on them. I am sure a lot of your users feel this way as well!

BMovieBen
Initiate

I know this has been "answered" before, but since you just announced the Arlo Pro 2, I think you should offer a trade-in program to incentivize your existing customers to upgrade to the newer models and take advantage of the new features.  I purchased a set of two Arlo Pros less than six months ago.  Great products, but I would love to take advantage of some of the new Arlo Pro 2 features!  Putting in my vote for you to start offering this program just like mobile phone vendors do.

techcon5
Aspirant

Yeah!  What he said

Funnybird
Observer

I agree, I now wish I had at least one Arlo Pro 2 but I would have to use another base station along with the Arlo Base. I would be nice if I could just change the base station and use my 4 Arlo cameras along with Arlo Pro 2 camera.