Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
pgalbavy
Guide

I was just coming here to suggest something like this, but I would have use the term "supress alerts" and would like to see it on the actual notification on my phone, not in the app - for example, my neighbors gardeners have turned up; thanks, Arlo, I know. Now be quite for an hour.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

gterry
Onlooker

Arlo shouldn't be to hard to set up.  My Ring door bell has that feature and it works great.  At 73 years of age the memory is not what it use to be.  I have to turn of one or two cameras all the time.  Gadener, Landscaper, Wife BBQ, Working in the garage, you get the picture now.  Having a 15min,30min,1hr,2hr snooze on alerts would be great feature.  Other than that the five camers I have are working great.  Recommend them all the time to friends and family.

Glen Terry

Gellie
Aspirant

Much Need feature. Several times when entertaining outside i disarm my camera. Only to forget to turn it back on. We need a "sleep mode". IE disable for 30min,60min 1 hour ect. Maybe also include a fetaure that after is on "sleep mode" for X hours the camera will automatically turn on.

GeeEmDubya
Novice

I had just logged in to suggest this exact same feature.  It would be GREAT to be able to dis-arm for "n" minutes... or even just to have a few options... like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes... etc.

Aniraf
Tutor

I wanted to suggest this feature as well, I was viewing it more as a “snooze”. So I could say “snooze” for x minutes or hours. 

Chris53
Initiate
I would like to disarm the motion sensor for one camera only but keep camera on so I can watch kids in back yard. Can this be done?
chelser
Onlooker

you need to add the ability to stop the motion for short periods, like 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes. On my second home which motion is always active as I am away for months at a time> I need to be able to stop motion while landscapers are roaming around the yard. I get 100's sometime notifications while they are there. Would be nice to have a mobile silence the motion just short term.

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

I've been wanting this feature for a long time as this happens to me all the time.  I have someone on my property (landscaper, exterminator...) I set to disable and then forget to re-enable them.  I suggested this well over a year ago.  It would be just outstanding to have this feature.  It would need to set it to last setting, not just arm as I have the system set to geotracking when not disarmed.

Let's hope they add this as it is a great suggestion.

Shoetree
Fledgling

I agree with the 2nd poster - I could really use it for when I'm out but the dog walker shows up.

Suggestion:  more specificity.

Ex

1: a camera is activated (in my case, front door camera / dog walker.)

2. Prompt appears on screen: snooze choices, which would be, the cameras that was activated + all or perhaps most of the modes.  

3.  In my case, I might turn off "this camera (the one by front door, or I might select "all first floor cameras" 

4.  Select #of minutes, of course.