Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

BettyC
Fledgling

Thanks - I've done just that!

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

SS_Camaro
Guide

A 10 minute suspend would be amazing How many times do we come home from shopping and you cringe because you know that there are going to be a half of a dozen useless videos of you unloading the car, eating up that precious battery life.

nicgb1979
Initiate
Great idea would love to "snooze" for an hour while my kids are playing outside.
MrDoHarm
Initiate

Excellent idea!

CamSkilz
Fledgling

Please add an option that allows users to temporarily disable the motion detection for a particular interval of time (e.g., 1 hour).  There are many instances where someone just need to disable it for a particular amount of time to avoid the camera batteries from being wasted (e.g., washing car in driveway, kids playing in backyard, mowing the lawn, etc.).  In these cases I have been fully disabling the motion detection, but the problem is that I keep forgetting to turn it back on afterwards, which results in my property being unprotected until I finally remember to re-enable it.  If there were an option to just "snooze" the motion detection functionality for a set period of time, then the motion detection would eventually automatically come back on its own.

JamesC
Community Manager

Great Idea! I can see how this could be very useful. Thanks for sharing!

JamesC

For the most part, I'm really happy with the Arlo and the iOS app that it uses. There is 1 feature I wish the Arlo Engineers would incorporate. That feature would be a TIME DELAY of any MODES you are currently in. Often times I know my kids are playing where a camera is and they set off the alarm. I usualy turn that MODE or camera OFF, BUT OFTEN forget to turn the mode on again after a period of time. 

It would be EXTREEMLY convenient to just assign a Disabled TIME DELAY to that MODE you are in (i.e. 2 hours, minutes, etc.  disabled or OFF), then turn back ON after that time has lapsed automatically. 

Please conisder this and how you can make millions of Arlo fans even more happy! Thanks!

arlocurious
Tutor

Would want to be able to select which cameras 'snooze'.  (ex: All, A, A+B, A+C, etc)

I would find this very useful.  Currently I disable 1 or more of my cameras mutliple times a week because of wind (motion detection set off by either shadows from the trees or sun shining through the trees).  I have to remember to go back and reenable them.  This feature would save me lots of time / long periods where my cameras are off.