Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
dspeers
Initiate

On sunny mornings the camera will get triggered a lot for about 20m or so and extremely frequently so I disarm it.  But I tend to forget to arm it again.

Same kind of thing happens if I have work to do out in the yard I'll disarm it before going out but forget to arm it again. 

So a pause for X time would be quite awesome.

Vintchy
Novice
I agree with Dspeers. Same thing happen to me all the time. I disarm my cameras and I forgot to turn the system back on. .
pkeyrich
Follower

I like the idea of an On/Off Arm/Disarm widget, and was going to ask for one for iOS devices.

NoelHastings
Initiate

I would like to second the Mode Reminder. Twice this week I set it to "disarm" and then forgot to turn it on again and my neighbors car was broken into. Would have loved to see my street camera. 😞

Perhaps click "disarm" which only lasts until the next scheduled mode change and then resumes the "regular schedule". The "Pause 1 hour" or "Pause 2 hours", etc.... Also sounds good. I really like the location reminder but I am betting that is harder to implement and besides, I want the cameras to work when I am asleep. 🙂

BettyC
Fledgling

Is there a way to disarm Arlo for a short period of time without having to use the scheduler?   I have a habit of disarming when there's a lot of activity going on at my house then forgetting to turn it back on.  It would be SO handy to be able to turn off for, say, 15 minutes to an hour at the click of a button.

TomMac
Guru

Long answer;

The easiest way is to go to MODE and click current mode setting and then click DISARMED.

total 3 clicks and write a 'post-it' for the fridge to remember to turn on.

short answer;

No

jguerdat
Guru

An app widget would be nice so you could have them on a home screen but the use of the app is also pretty easy, just a couple of extra clicks.

Schorschi
Prodigy

Others have suggested this too.

Please consider visiting the Arlo Idea Exchange and press on the Kudos buttons of ideas that you support. This will increase visibility with Netgear and allow them to gauge interest in specific feature requests.

Some of the ideas that look similar to yours are:

1. Temporarily suspend video and audio recording.
  2. Schedule Snooze function.
  3. Manual Modes with Schedule Support.
  4. Feature Request: Mode reminder.
Bearscreek
Apprentice

I'm another vote for this feature.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas