Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Show image/snapshot when motion is detected

I get alerts that there is motion occurring. I have a camera at my front door. There are no windows, and I would like to know who is ringing my doorbell. It would be nice to have the option to have an image sent with the alert. It takes awhile to open the app and play the video. I guess a snapshot or delayed live stream accessible with one click would do it. Using iOS.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

kaleboker
Follower

I think that would be a great improvment to my arlo system

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Rjgroves
Tutor

Netgear seems seems to be continually up grading Arlo's hardware and software with new features. I really like that fact. I looked and looked for this idea and am suprised that it has not been implemented or suggested.

I would like to see the first frame of detection sent via push. I know via email a snapshot is taken of the event so it shouldn't be that difficult to implement it as it does a push for motion detection. 

Keep up the great work Netgear/Arlo. 

Rjgroves
Tutor

Addition to a push snapshot, it would be great to push the snapshot to the Apple Watch. 

Neffmv
Novice
This needs to happen
dmstech
Initiate

Could it be possible to get a display page that change camera view every maybe 10 seconds? Like other camera systems? 
So that you could use the system in a store and it then change the view between the cameras on the screen.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

bjthomas09
Tutor
Any update on this feature? I have bought two Arlo Pros but am holding off buying more because of this feature alone, if you ever release this and person detection I'm all in. I use iVideon for my ip cams its free software thatPerforming "Goodbye!" for you as requested, because Arrival Sensor - Brent's iPhone left works well. One of my favorites features is that I get a push snapshot of the activity on both my iPhone and iWatch getting it on the iWatch is absolutely awesome.
SKhandu
Initiate

VERY important and basic feature that I would expected !

- Show the picture snapshot as you do on email

- Show the name of the camera [Would like the option to add my Camera name on the email subject line - by default or with an user selection]. (Not all camera's are as important to review the alert and right now I dont have a way to differentiate the email.)