Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security Light With In-Built Camera

Integrate the newly announced security light with arlo cameras (offer wired and wireless options) to compete with Ring security lights and allow users with existing Arlo infrastructure to have an all in one solution.
Comments
brh
Master
Master

Yes indeed. I see Ring is moving much faster than Arlo on new development.

Brian

Danielhitch
Follower

My guess is, even if Netgear did turn around a product like this quick enough, it would be at a price point that far exceeds that of the Ring products..

mhnatt
Luminary

After all the buzz about Ring, I finally gave it a deeper look. Indeed, lots of innovation going on over there that makes me jealous. I’ll hang for a little while longer in hopes Arlo steps up to the plate.

Das304
Tutor

Sorry Arlo, that's not nearly the same product as a hard-wired security light with camera that Ring is offering.  Ugh...I want to stick with Arlo, but now I'm thinking of changing out my current hard-wired security lights with Ring's new light and camera product.  When will you step up Arlo??  

brh
Master
Master

@Das304

I agree that Arlo is quite a bit behind Ring, but Ring's subscription fees and not being integrated with Smartthings as Arlo has done, keeps me from purchasing their products.

Brian

mabelloc123
Aspirant

I actually like the light separate from the camera.  Much more flexible in use and cost.

These lights work with your existing camera deployment.  SO why buy all in one when you already own the camera?

With Arlo, you get much more flexibility in how / where you mount the devices. (not everyone wants to mount on the side of the house.)  Having the lights as standalone allows you to optimize the focus of the light while still covering a wider swath of the surrounding area with the camera view.

Set rules / modes that can have more than one camera trigger a light and vice versa, the light can trigger the cam(s).

Light gets attention while the camera is located elsewhere (enhanced physical security for devices.)

Smaller size due to splitting the functions to 2 devices = smaller battery (you can use the same battery as w/ the Pro cams.)

Light acts as remote motion sensor during day for camera.   Integration w/ smartthings & IFTTT allows for triggering 'other' smart devices on alert, even the siren on the Pro hub.  Color light alerts / flashing alerts.  

Arlo Pro comes with speaker / mic so no need to duplicate.

There's allot you get from the small package.

Danielhitch
Follower

I too love the size and flexibility of the existing Netgear products however, the reason I raised this idea is that it would be great to have an all in one bolt in replacement for my existing security lights. At present, in my rear garden, I have a separate Arlo Pro and wired (non Arlo) security light. What I would like to do, is replace the security light with something similar to the ring light so that I have an always powered camera and light.

Peeep
Aspirant

I need to replace my existing outdoor, motion-activated, dual security lights (sockets that allow bright LED floodlight bulbs).  But since I already have an Arlo system, I would prefer the option of an outdoor, security dual light joined with an Arlo camera.  Such that the lights turn on (at night) once the Arlo camera detects motion.  And the camera offers the same features as regular standalone cameras.

In addition, I strongly prefer the option of replacing bulbs (vs. a fixed lighting feature) so I can utilize colored LED floodlight bulbs during evening parties and holidays.

TomMac
Guru

Best place to post this is here... they read the wish list all the time

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Peeep
Aspirant

I need to replace my existing outdoor, motion-activated, dual security lights (sockets that allow bright LED floodlight bulbs).  But since I already have an Arlo system, I would prefer the option of an outdoor, security dual light joined with an Arlo camera.  Such that the lights turn on (at night) once the Arlo camera detects motion.  And the camera offers the same features as regular standalone cameras.

In addition, I strongly prefer the option of replacing bulbs (vs. a fixed lighting feature) so I can utilize colored LED floodlight bulbs during evening parties and holidays.