Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
anais
Novice

You can invert the image, but it would be great if you could rotate it 90 degrees as well.  

We need this feature!
dt1000
Fledgling

Hi there!

In order to get the best coverage from my Arlo camera, I have had to mount it on its side.

As you can see the picture is great... but in the wrong orientation!

1490585862205.jpg

Are their any plans to add a Portrait Mode setting, simlar to the one to flip the image vertically?

It would be super useful!

Thanks,
Dan

dt1000
Fledgling

Hi, James C,

Thanks for looking in to this.

What I am after is indeed what you mention.

A feature like the Invert (which rotates 180 degrees), but instead rotates the camera image left or right 90 degrees.

I would imagine this as a drop down for orientation where the list reads like this...

- Landscape (no change)

- Portrait Left (rotate 90° left)

- Portrait Right (rotate 90° right)

- Inverted (rotate 180°)

Or if you want to call it "Orientation Adjustment"

- None

- Rotate Left

- Rotate Right

- Invert

It shouldn't really affect the video or anything on the camera, just how the video is presented on the website.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Dan.

redkryptonite22
Aspirant

I just got my arlo cams and this is a much needed feature. My front door is in a nook kind of like a hallway, so there's alot of wasted viewing space from being horizontal. Put me down for wanting to set the camera at 90 degrees. 

ImBenDood
Aspirant
This is a must... but sadly the Arlo team seems to work at snail 🐌 speed.
conroy2051
Novice

II know that there is the option of rotating the image 180 degrees but it would be very helpful if you could rotate the image 90 degrees. For some installs, I have to put the camera on its side in order to cover the area I need. It would be great if you could use the option "rotate image 90 degrees" so that the image would appear normal and not sideways.

amar0k
Aspirant

I need 90 degree feature too.. as well as every Arlo user I think...

please add... thanks

Derghk
Novice

Please add the 90 degree rotation feature ASAP, thank you.

6cam
Novice

I just purchases some Arlo Pro cameras and am quite surprised they do not have the ability to rotate 90 deg so you can take a vertical image.  Looking at the age of this thread I assume there is some reason this feature has not been added?  Any update on the status is appreciated.