Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rotate image 90 degrees

I've got my Arlo focused on the walkway leading up to my house which is longer than it is wide. Arlo currently allowd me to rotate the image 180 degrees so I can mount it upside down, A 90 degree rotation would let me turn the camera on its side and have more vertical resolution where I need it.

Comments
Bdonnach
Onlooker

Considering that years of requests from many customers has been ignored without explanation, we have two choices: 1) If the feature is so important, sell the Arlo stuff on eBay and buy a product that has the feature or 2) mount our cameras sideways.

Otherwise a fan of my five cameras with solar panels and seven lights, I decided  to mount two hallway cameras sideways. The cameras function well and the images automatically rotate on my phone.

Arlo could do itself a big favor by offering an explanation about why 90 degree rotation won’t  be offered.

ngl1604
Apprentice

What app are you using to auto rotate? Using iOS if I rotate my camera I don’t appear to see the camera images correctly rotated. 

Bdonnach
Onlooker
The Arlo App.
ngl1604
Apprentice

iOS or Android? Just wondered if there’s a variance between versions or whether I’m not seeing the same functionality as you are?

dougblair
Apprentice

The iOS app will pivot from portrait to landscape when you view the video from the library in full screen mode. 

just to be clear, what we’re interested in is the ability to set the view from a camera in landscape or portrait mode IN THE APP or web client. We’re not talking about changing anything in the camera hardware or firmware or how the image is stored in the cloud. (Mounting the camera sideways will slightly affect the way the motion sensors work since they will now be sensing movement from top to bottom instead of left to right. In most cases (for me) this is not a significant issue.)

SpudNYC
Aspirant

I would also love to have this option.

edsel-dot-com
Novice

Yes, allowing a horizontal mount with a 90 degree rotation of the image on the app would be delightful.   Hopefully in a future release when we're all back to work.  Thanks

lumos
Aspirant

90 degree rotation = no brainer.  Please institute.

Rustyjr
Novice

Same Request!!

dougblair
Apprentice

Hey, Arlo!

This request has been tagged as "Future Consideration" since 2015. How far into the future do we need to go before you take a look at it? Or at least let us know that its been considered ands rejected or considered and scheduled for a release?

Hint, hint 🙂