Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Netgear Router Support

It would be great to extend the current functionality for Netgear Routers to the Netgear family... eliminating the arlo base station footprint and make my household greener 

I have a nighthawk D7000 and despite its greater hardware specification to the nighthawk r7000 i do not have  the luxury of the aforementiones points.

Hopefully these firmware changes would leverage existing design and could be a quick win for netgear and its customer base 

Comments
alaw168
Tutor

I recently upgraded my router from Linksys to Netgear. I chose the R8000 (Nighthawk X6) over the R7000 as I wanted tri-band.

I also recently joined the Arlo community.

I was surprised Arlo direct integration was supported on the R7000 but not the R8000.

Any chance Arlo direct integration will be supported on the newer routers, like the R8000?

arlouser_r8000
Aspirant

I also have a R8000 X6 router with the Arlo system.  It would be great to use the R8000 as the router and remove the extra router from the network.

Why the r7000 and not the r8000?

Rock423
Novice
Any news
umangdoshi
Guide

any news on this.. please help

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

guyver2077
Tutor

Please don't forget about the R7500. 

And yea, odd that the higher end devices don't get these type of new feature in parallel.

Ryandeq
Fledgling

I am also curious to know when the R8000 will be compatible.  And assuming it is... is there is any benefit to using the router over the Arlo Hub?  Is there benefit to ditching the Hub for the router or should i stick with the hub even it it is compatible.  Which is better?

Issachar
Tutor
I recently wanted to upgrade my router to R8000 as the price has become more reasonable. But not supporting Arlo gives me a very strong not to upgrade but keep using my existing R7000
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

tonykeyser
Guide

I would also like this ability. I just recently purchased my Arlo system and would very much like to eliminate the base station if my R8000 Nighthawk could provide the same functionality with a Firmware update. It seems counterintuitive to have a newer version of the Nighthawk router and not have this functionality.