Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
Arlo_99
Aspirant

Can't turn it off on mine unfortunately.  The page redirects too fast.

Why oh why can't the developers do anything right?

ArloSucks99

Cucco
Onlooker

@dcfoc1..  I am here, because this is where Arlo sent me when I opened a ticket on this.  If there is a fix, can you provide a link?  Thanks.

Arlo_99
Aspirant

I'm at the point I'm just going to trash this stupid thing

Screw you, Arlo.  I'm sick of your crappy product.

You guys suck.  Your support sucks.  Your developers suck.  Your product managers suck.  Even the CEO of this company sucks.  Morons all around this product.  Screw you guys.

Done with it.

ArloSucks because it's crap hardware and software.

ArloSucks99

dcfox1
Master

@Cucco You can now turn it off. The thread is in as I said the Pro forum. 

dcfox1
Master
spyromike
Follower

I had to refresh the page a few times in order for the Enable / Disable switch to stay for me to turn it off. For a few page loads before that, it flash off and dumped me to the old settings page.

ArloWatcher
Luminary

Just log in using 2FA and then go to settings. You can turn it off there.

Cucco
Onlooker

@dcfox1..  Thanks.  🙂  The option to turn it off was not staying on the screen.  It was redirecting right away.  I decided to sign off, and sign back in.  That worked!  There it was!  It did not redirect, and allowed me to turn it off.  Yes!  🙂  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Coming Soon

In early April, Arlo announced a plan to implement Two-Step Verification: Two-Step Verification Update

Since the completion of that plan on April 18th, we have received feedback from many of our users expressing concerns about the inability to trust web browsers on PC for Two-Step Verification (logging in on a PC requires authentication for every login). Due to these concerns, we are prioritizing a solution for web browsers that we will have available soon.  Additionally, Two-Step Verification will no longer be mandatory while we work to complete this solution. We will resume mandatory Two-Step Verification requirements after trusted browser support is available.

As we continue to work to introduce trusted browser support, we strongly encourage you to enable Two-Step Verification to maximize security and safeguard your Arlo account.

For more information on how to set up Two-Step Verification, please visit the following article: What is two-step verification and how do I set it up?

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Gumbi
Initiate

THANK YOU Tech Engineers!  An option to disable the 2-Step Verification was on the Profile and I've checked my cameras several times in the last 2 hours quickly & without the pain of the code.

2-SV is a good idea, but ONLY if the user can "Trust/Remember" the device they're using, otherwise it's just, such a pain.  But Thank You again for the option to Opt-Out.