Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lower frames per second

If it were easier on the battery, I would like to have a lower frames per second setting. A security camera only needs a very small number of frames per second to capture good images.

Comments
nicgb1979
Initiate

I think this would be helpful for those customers who have low bandwidth or non-unlimited internet in places like vacation homes. Even just the ability to take 3 snapshots would be helpful too.

Wsh2150
Aspirant
When you watch YouTube, you can change the resolution from very low up to the resolution the video was recorded. While watching YouTube, I may watch a 4k video in 360p resolution on my phone if I have a slow Internet connection or if I am trying to conserve 4g data. The arlo uploads 720p, but it would be great if the app on my phone would let me view at a lower resolution for the reasons stated above.
Wsh2150
Aspirant

When you watch YouTube and other video streaming services, you can change the resolution from very low up to the resolution the video was recorded. While watching YouTube, I may watch a 4k video in 360p resolution on my phone if I have a slow Internet connection or if I am trying to conserve 4g data. The arlo uploads 720p, but it would be great if the Arlo app on my phone would let me view at a lower resolution for the reasons stated above. It should also prevent a lot of the buffering while watching videos in the Arlo library.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

Stylz311
Novice
My internet provider sets a data limit of 1TB per month. It would be nice to record a lower quality video to the cloud while the full quality video records on the local usb drive.