Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
vanessaforney
Fledgling

I am still seeing this on the Arlo Go. Can anyone confirm it is fixed for all models? Just yesterday I missed 7 minutes of recording from watching live. This is so frustrating because I can’t press the record button over half the time, and have to stop and play multiple times to get the record available and then it’s too late and I missed the action,

SWFL
Onlooker

OK I finally figured it out! When you select one of your cameras and it opens up the live feed you have to press the little red button in the center on the bottom.!  IT WORKS AND CONFIRMED!

Maybe the SmartHub is required also..?

YOU’RE  WELCOME 😃

vanessaforney
Fledgling

Pressing the red button is not a solution because 75% of the time it’s not able to be pressed unless you stop and play over and over. Mine is often grayed out I guess due to service?

SWFL
Onlooker

Do you have a SmartHub?  Is the memory card fast enough in the hub?You can select the motion recording time from 30sec - 2:00min in preferences. Maybe not a solution but something seems off with your system/setup.  If you don’t have a very good WiFi signal you can’t expect good results.  The Orbi mesh network I have works great but I’ve got like literally 3 indoor and 1 outdoor hub/routers. Yes 4!  I’ve had trouble with anything less.  Some cams are inside some are out..

SWFL
Onlooker

Pressing the red button is their only solution after users asking for 3 years.  I’m thankful for that.  I’ve had the Rings and they did this recording automatically but they were TERRIBLE cameras!

SWFL
Onlooker

I did a test and recorded a live stream from one of the cameras for almost 3 minutes and the only thing that interrupted the signal and the recording was a motion detection from a car it recorded it but it ended up stopping the recording in the end.

In the app, under devices, you have to enable “local 2K live streaming” for this to work.