Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
Lezduur
Fledgling

this needs fixing. I went into live view and it took forever to click the record button. i've missed the deliveryman destroying a valuable bose soundbar by dropping it and the glass top is now shattered. 

would have been so much easier with the video proof now i have to wait for 3 months for insurance to chase things up with the delivery company.

stupid stupid stupid concept.

i'm installing a Ring door view cam as well to record whats going on outside. 

TechGirl
Novice

I agree...this should be fixed. We were just in live mode and I thought it was recording. Unfortunately we lost the feed which we won’t be able to provide to law enforcement. Definitely a flaw and I am extremely disappointed that Arlo hasn’t done anything about this when it had been called out for 2+ years and many requests. Other recording devices allow for live feed to be recorded and saved without manual intervention. When you are dealing with an issue, you don’t think, “oh,  I better record this”. You are usually panicking! Please correct this and send out a software update! 

3e
Fledgling
Fledgling

It's 2019, is disabling recording during live view still the same "feature"? If so, this is the most idiotic thing one could have in a "security" device, that and no date and time stamp on screen.

sgaudet1
Onlooker

I am torn, I have these too long to return, they are too expensive to throw away. I want to add two more but if they will not respond to this thread with what the solution may be, I may just have to look elsewhere and cut my loses! 

Does anyone from Arlo respond to these forums?

SomeDude2
Onlooker
Live viewing kills recording and cuts out after 30 minutes. Workaround: use two cameras in the same location, one for live viewing and another for recording. Use a mobile device for live viewing. When the live viewing cuts out after 30 mins the mobile app will reconnect and resume live viewing, unlike the website which stops with an error message after 30 mins. (make sure the charger is connected, as live viewing drains the camera battery fast) By the way, I selected English on this support site, but it still shows partly in German. Arlo makes good cameras, but their software is surprisingly bad.
carolynrees
Follower

If I would have been aware of this I would not have purchased the system. That was a big investment to have such a flaw and not be able to record and watch what is happening at your home!!!!!! I just installed these cameras a few days ago and while away i was notified of activity.....opened the camera to see what was happening and now I do not have the thief recorded!!!!

pcliff
Fledgling

I'm not sure if you guys are aware, but the issue seems to have already been fixed, for the Arlo Pro 2 that is. When you get a push notification and you enter live view, it continues recording until you exit out of live view. I can confirm this because while replaying the videos in my library, the video cuts off at the same time I exited out of live view. I have my recording settings set to 120 secs, but if I'm in live view during the auto recording, the video continues to record as long as I'm in live view even if its past 120 seconds. So yea, no need to press the record button again. 

FoxRaynard
Star

It's not fixed, the whole thing is a mess.

If my camera has started recording and I go into Live View, I get 'The request timed out' and I get neither recording nor live view.

I suspect that the hardware isn't up to the job which is why this still doesn't work

Jay106n
Follower

Not fixed. Just happened to me. Very disappointing. 

Dave-H
Novice

3 years later and still nothing.  Very sad.