Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
The_Wraith
Apprentice

When viewing the Live stream of a camera that camera will no longer respect the configured mode, schedule, or motion recording settings.  Motion is only recorded for as long as NO USER is streaming live video. 

This is unacceptable.  As a "Smart Home Security Solution", camera programming should not be overridden by someone manually viewing a feed.  The camera should continue to record motion if it was programmed to do so.  This is a considerable engerineering oversight that should be corrected as soon as possible.

AaronHoffman
Fledgling

I echo all the concerns of everyone on this thread.  To not record while in Live Mode, as a "FEATURE," is actual insanity.

Fix this.

jjames1
Guide

one way they could address this is have a option for the admin account to set it to auto record while in live view, just a simple yes or no option

the way it works now I have to wait until the recording is done to view it in the library vs using live view

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

pheewee
Follower

I bought an Arlo Pro system but returned it after found out about this wrong-feature. Today I'm checking back on this issue to see if Arlo ever fixed the problem but it seems like there's not been any improvement yet. Too bad! I want to buy some but only if they fix this problem. Is this problem also applies to Arlo Pro 2?

giufini
Onlooker

Recording while viewing a live feed should be the default.  ABSOLUTELY! Please NetGear, add this feature to the Arlo Pro 22 system as soon as possible, otherwise I am going to return this useless device. Thank you.

Kimarlo
Aspirant

I can’t believe they still haven’t done so. It’s a necessity and definitely a flaw. Arlo supposedly to be the first wireless recorder on the market but it seems to be still not getting it right after so many years. It seems we’re all just guinea pigs with one issue addressed slowly over another or not even at all! You would think this would be sorted out already! I keep finding limitations to my Arlo Pro 2 and am considering on returning my set of 4 cameras. Any recommendations please?

Jclapper
Aspirant
Return it. I did. Another HUGE idiotic flaw is that if you have it set to record for 2 minutes, get an alert, go to Live View to watch alert where it will stop recording (WTF Netgear?), you can't hit manual record until that time limit runs out. The stupidity of this just lead me to return my set a couple days ago. I will monitor on here to see if this flaw is ever fixed, and may give the system a try again.
garyfawcett
Fledgling

Just bought the Arlo Pro 2 and just spent the last couple of hours testing why the recording feature is not working and now realise after reading here, it is because I am also live viewing the cameras.

I watched quite a few reviews before buying and not one mentioned this limitation, if they had I would not of bought in the first place. I have samsung smart cams and they do not have this limitation. I will now have to return the system after spending quite a bit of time setting them up. I think arlo should compensate me for my lost time.

Very dissapointed and will no longer buy Arlo products after this.

Anyone know of an alternative that has similar features to the Arlo Pro 2 without this huge design flaw?

dfjkl
Apprentice

Agreed.  This is super annoying behavior.