Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
alanferg
Tutor

Would definitely like to see this improvement made.

Brooksytan
Onlooker

Sentiment is universal among users to the extent that it is surprising that this was missed during the development of this product in the first place. There are also many other forum topics related to the same issue by many users.. James, has Netgear acknowledged that this functionality is something that most (if not all) users would like to see implemented, and are they actively working towards a solution? How do we get this important functionality (that quite frankly is standard in any serious video security solution) onto the development team's priority list? Thank you!

studio_two
Onlooker

+1 here too.

dchow02
Follower

1.  Allowing continuous Live Feed without the Camera shutdown after 30 minutes if it detects an external power source, either from a Outdoor Power adapter or Solar.

2. Allow Motion detection recording available during Live Feed, not just manual recording.

andyzjay
Initiate

Recording while viewing is an expactation of mine as well, for several reasons already stated in the many posts on this issue. 

What if you are monitoring a camera and walk away, or even trun away and miss an event? This is an issue that happens quite often for me.

tslothrop
Novice

Absolutely this is a design flaw.  The primary purpose of a camera security system is to record activity.  To stop that primary purpose (recording) at the precise moment that it is most likely to be needed is nuts.  This needs to go to the design team immediately for improvement and incorporation.

Consider the following scenario:  We get an alert, switch live view on to see what is happening, and something happens.  That something is not recorded.  Does this make any sense?

We almost returned this system with a one star rating until we figured out what was happening.  We were using live view to monitor our walk-about to test the motion sensitivity.  Would this not be a natural thing to do? 

Yleocp
Fledgling

Very Important that LIVE VIEW AND RECORDING work together bought this system yesterday and today while watching live someone entered the building that we needed to have recorded, we did not know this did not work together......  I use another video system for another location and it works perfect live view and recording together.   This is something that is very important!!!!!!! 

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS LIGHTLY!

Also there are 2 of us that monitor the system and we cannot be on at the same time this is not good either, my other location 2 of us are always on the other system at the same time......  P.S. the other system is less expensive, but we needed the system asap!!!!  Went to best buy and this is the system they had....   

JamesC
Community Manager

Yleocp,

Only one user can be logged in to the primary account at a time. For additional users, set up a shared account using the Grant Access feature. Take a look here for more information: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Obsydian
Apprentice
Pro 2 integration with the Echo is awesome BUT it's uses live feed to check and the Echo Show does not give an option to manually record like the app or web page - my ring video bell with Echo Show records live feeds

why can't you set any live feed to record
JJS68
Luminary

+1 here too

having to wait until the recording stops to check in on an alert is a pain