Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

An at-home Display Monitor

My husband and I currently have 5 Arlo cameras set up around the perimeter of our home. And it's great, we love getting notified of movement from anywhere, especially if we're not home. 

However, if we are home, and we are detected of motion - the only way to see the live feed is by logging into the app on our phone, clicking on that individual camera, and waiting for the live view mode to load... by the time it's loaded, whatever set the camera in motion, is now long gone!

It would be amazing if Arlo created an at-home Display Monitor that displayed up to, say ten camera feeds, in LIVE mode, that is always available and on (perhaps plugged in?). Like many other home security camera systems, they usually ONLY have this at-home display monitor - and do not offer the online viewing capabilities. However, when one is at home and worried who or what could be outside or ringing the door at 1am, it would be extremely helpful if the home owner could simply walk over to their at-home Display Monitor to see who or what is setting that camera off, before deciding what to do! It would be quicker, more efficient, and give that immediate sense of security to the Arlo user.

I hope my description made sense, and that this is a product we could all use and assist us Arlo users in having the best camera security on the market!

Thank you so much!

Breanne 🙂

Comments
kspr
Novice

Waiting for the feature..Motion alert Automatically display Arlo video feed to Google hub/Assistant

Jock2073
Fledgling

Couldnt agree more with Breanne, Arlo need to make a home hub with monitor so you dont need to use the phone when at home. Its also critical that this home monitor have an audible alert (a simple chime or similar) to alert that one of the cameras has picked up movement. This way when asleep at night with the hub next to your bed it can wake you and you can instantly see whats happening live on the screen without having to push any buttons or log in like on the phone. A Google home hub could serve this function with the correct application and co-operation but a dedicated unit may be best (something similar in size and appearance to the Google home hub would be perfect). This is the most important missing piece from the Arlo ecosystem.

Cheers Jock

Onlooker

Just set up Arlo Pro 2 with 4 wireless cameras and happy. Can see it on laptop, cell etc. However, my wife said her friend has a surveillence system that has stand alone monitors in parts of the house dedicated solely to surveillance outside the house. Does Arlo have such a system or can some sort of system be added.

Onlooker

Agree with comments. There needs to be dedicated standalone monitors for maybe several parts of the house to avoid having to log on to your device when someone is at the door; particularly late at night. Seems like it's technically feasible with existing Arlo Pro hardware. Arlo could make some more money and customers would be even happier.

Radixms
Novice

I setup up a DVR 16 camera system to monitor outdoors, use the Arlo camears to monitor indoors. There is a way to have a tablet, specifially android, automatically open the Arlo app when ever a notification is received using an app called Automateit.  I used it to monitor the Ring Doorbell usign this instructions, can done the same way for Arlo cameras and its notificaitons.

https://www.digitalconnoisseur.co.uk/2018/12/ring-video-doorbell-monitor-with-kindle-fire-tablet/

jom2233
Novice

Exactly. Now I am really fed up. everyone have the live grid view window. Only Arlo customers doesn't have that. I paid more than $1000. please give a solution Arlo.

Gixvio
Fledgling

I also agree we need to have a live view monitor, battery is not an issue, as you can hardwire one of them to have it set up. Alexa really does not work because she drops connection every now and again and doesn't stay consistently connected,h salso takes a good while to connect. The consensus of it automatically activating live viewing on the instant it detects something is pure genius. I would put money towards it. Is there any plans so far since last year?

rickincolorado
Fledgling

CRITICAL SAFETY ISSUE !

I've been an Arlo user now for nearly 2 years.  The absence of an audible motion alarm when viewing live stream has only been a nuisance, until now.  Unless you're hiding in a cave, the world has become a much more dangerous place in recent months.  My family's safety comes first.  Period !   Our neighbor works from home late at night and through his window recently spotted a car that stopped at the entrance to our cul-de-sac around 1:00 am.  Several people exited and literally spread out and ran to all the homes on the block searching vehicle wheel wells, under flower pots and other objects almost certainly looking for keys to vehicles and homes.  Our neighbor immediately called the police but was given a 15-20 minute response time for arrival.  Not good enough. 

Here is what will happen.  If steps are not taken to correct what is a crystal clear deficiency in the next several months (September or October), I will uninstall ARLO and install a different system that includes this critical feature.   I am a semi-retired network technician and I know the software code can be upgraded to accommodate this.  I will also screen print this and import it to other threads to advise others in their decision making process.

Thank you, Richard

JB68
Tutor

I started this thread nearly 5 years ago and to date there is nothing. As Radixms said you can have android tablet, even use web browser on my laptop to have running live feed while at home. SOME problems I have is that I no longer get my notifications on my cell if live feed is up. They time out atleast every 30 min approx. Then have to reload the page, login & repeat, a real pain in the arse! I use to be able and run smartthings on my Samsung devices and could display on that app. Now you cannot. For having an audible acknowledgment of alerts I decided to use one of the original flood lights in my rules for a camera to turn it on with any specific color, flash for a determined time etc that has been nice. I have 1 in my bedroom and sitting in main area and you will notice them. I started out with 3 wire free cans, then boom the Pro & Pro 2 models came out so have 1 Pro Cam as well. Bought the Doorbell and Ringer to have the new model pop up and take care of issues with that. If I have my cams on live feed and doorbell rings it no longer activates the phone to answer. So you cant have anyone home alone and be able to check the doorbell out while gone from home. Bought the Security Lights to have the new models pop up eliminating what I bought 3 devices to do! Have invested over $1000 in cams, cables, Smartthings Hub, Light Hubs and on and on...    I'm so frustrated with Arlo & Smarthings that I've wanted so much of my disability income in protecting my disabled self to be able to stay home on my own longer and feel taken advantage of SEVERELY!!!!

rickincolorado
Fledgling

Quite frankly I'm a little concerned Arlo Technologies may already have one foot in the grave.  A lot of companies were hit hard in recent months but while many are starting to recover Arlo seems to be stuck under $3.00 a share since March.  Not good.  Overall, Arlo has been a pretty good product.  I started with Pro 2's and don't have any major complaints.  There is only one cam in a strategic location I would like to have live with audible movement notifications and I thought of a work around.  I'll install a less expensive first gen Pro in the same location and configure one live and the other in motion detect.  That should solve the issue.  Not exactly the way it should be done but it will have to do.