Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Siren" and/or "Speaker" extender that can be linked to the base unit siren to broaden it

The base unit siren is not enough warning sometimes, especially in a large home; i.e. - If the siren activates on the base unit in the living room, it's not as audible in the basement or garage.  I would suggest a "Siren" and/or "Speaker" extender that can be linked to the base unit siren to broaden it's warning capabilites.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

StewEdgerton
Follower

Possibly, but I was thinking of 3 things:

1) Getting my attention

2) Getting the perps attention

3) Getting the neighbor's attention.

Hence, I was thinking of something wifi similar to the cameras. . . The base, 1 siren/speaker extender in the garage, 1 in the basement, & another somewhere outside (to get the neighbor's attention).

Coletrain
Novice
I'd like to have an external siren add on that plugs into a wall outlet and is customizable as a rule. This way when motion is detected, the intruder is not alerted to the main unit that also houses my internal storage flash drive. Also, in my case I have my main unit in an area of the house that muffles the siren in most other places, so some additional sirens would be useful.
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

rocketman121
Follower

What about the Arlo Chime?

Tomich1
Aspirant

Would be awesome to have an extra siren to supplement the base station.  Great to locate in another part of the house. 

Backwardsk
Novice

Hey everyone. Couldn't find a "best place" for this question so I figured I'd go with here.

I've been an arlo customer since the Arlo 1, and I've been patiently waiting for Arlo to have a feature where audible alarms can be done via a speaker or something like a speaker when motion is detected. The biggest issue I've had with Arlo is that at night while sleeping there is no way to know that motion has been detected on your Arlo. I know I could use things such as IFTTT, but that's just not an acceptable answer here. 

My question is, do the newer cameras offer this feature? Is there an integration yet with any smarthome tech that would allow me to do this WITHOUT using IFTTT?

Thanks!

TomMac
Guru

At this time there are no physical external audio alarms...

Backwardsk
Novice

Tom, 

Thanks. Is there any way to connect the arlo cameras to an external speaker via apple homekit or something similar yet?

Nozzle
Fledgling

@Backwardsk I don't thinks so.  I'd love to be able to have a message I pre-recorded play out of the speaker instead of the alarm - whether it came from local storage or via WiFi - it would be useful