Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ability to remotely disable and enable cameras

I recently purchased a 4 camera system and added one additional camera. Things are working great, but if only I could … I’m using the system to check on my 94 year old mother who still lives alone in a 3 story house. Her health is great but with all the stairs I wanted to be able to check on her from time to time. So I don’t use the recording feature nor do I use the motion detector. I have a basic plan as all I’m trying to do is see if she is okay. With 5 cameras I can cover most of the stairs and one of the rooms she frequents. I would purchase additional cameras if I could remotely disable and enable cameras. I would like to think that I’m not alone in wishing Arlo had this capability.
Comments
Nhnomad
Novice

I agree that a simple on/off switch for each camera is helpful. It was available with Vuezone. 

JustLearning
Apprentice
Arlo Q camera disabled itself or was disabled by an unauthorised user. The camera next to it did record and all had been armed. We need a way to know what devices have accessed the accounts and a timeline!
orvis
Novice
I would like a wireless device I could put next to my front door that would enable/disable my system so I could hit a button when I am leaving and it would turn on detection and hit it again when I return to turn it off.
JamesC
Community Manager

orvis,

You might consider taking a look at the Geofencing feature. This would function much like what you describe, arming and disarming your system based on location. For more information, take a look here: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC

dyn_4850
Novice

I agree with Orvis that having a simple device that culd be in a drawer that could be quickly used to arm and disarm all of the cameras would be useful.  It would be much quicker than pulling out the phone, logging in, launching the app, arming/disarming, closing the app, etc.  It would be something analogous to arming and disarming a security system on entry and exit, especially for a household with several people.  Last out/first in operates it, amybe with a quick security code.

Josse_No
Novice

In my cabin up in the Norwegian mountains, 3x Arlo Pro 3 cameras are mounted outdoors and connected to a Smart Hub. When I arrive at the cabin, I want to turn off the cameras, and vice versa when I leave the cabin. It is not exciting to have active cameras when we are present in the cabin.

It must be easy to operate this as there are several family members using the cottage. I am thinking of a remote controlled socket where the Smart Hub is connected to power. The switch is intended to be located next to the main door,  where it is easy to operate  on arrival and departure. The switch can also be operated via WiFi and an App.

I do not see how this can be fixed with existing sw.

In the app, there could be an on / off switch for All Devices, Some Devices or for Smart HUB alone. Smart Hub has a Restart button, so a Sleep / Wake Up button could be a solution. I read that there are other users who describe similar needs.

I am grateful for other suggestions on how this can be arranged.