Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
patech
Initiate

See https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/appwidgets for an introduction to widget development for Android.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo still ignoring customers ?  

UX and CX is normally a top priority in particular for something as basic as turning the system on and off.

fatex
Fledgling

When mode is set to "Schedule", the disarm widget doesn't work. Also there's no button to activate schedule mode.

This is important for users who use the Schedule mode most of the time.

GyroGearloose
Fledgling

We like to arm the outdoor perimeter security cams while we're home and expecting people to show up (service, delivery, visitor). Right now that takes several taps to dive into the right screen. I'd love having a couple favorite available right on the first screen. Alternatives might be iPhone Shortcuts, or (as we have just one hub) putting the hub screen up a level higher so we don't have to tap into that too. The "arm all" button is not useful for this use case because we have cameras inside too.

bjoggi
Aspirant

Integrating the Arlo app into the new Widget feature in iOS 14 would ease our lives a lot. Since not able to use Siri to enable/disable sensors and cameras, it would be great to be able to customize a Widget on the Home Screen of iOS 14.

Being able to do basic on/off on different base stations even would be enough.

I certainly hope you are working on a Widget already.

suzeo99
Star

It's been 6 years since this suggestion was made! Can you please add this widget..can't be very hard at this point.

CaliBlueZone
Fledgling

I have a Samsung android phone and I'm shocked we cannot quickly disable siren or adjust modes. I thought it may have been a miss. I also use Smartthings so I'm wondering of anyone has come up with a workaround with this or IFTTT?