Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
mnarloer
Novice

Arlo doesn't have an on and off widget yet, but if you use IFTTT, you can put a widget on your phone and press it to turn it on or off.

mnarloer
Novice

If you use IFTTT with Arlo, you can create a "Arm Arlo" widget/button and a "Disarm Arlo" widget/button on your phone's homescreen.  Easy on and easy off....

Snn5
Apprentice

I have those enabled on if this then that however that does not substitute for the fact that the app has never worked as it is supposed to and it's missing features other apps have on lesser priced and comparable systems. Also why is Arlo even working on a new app if they can't even fix the old one?

Snn5
Apprentice

Again this app is missing features lesser systems have and if we have to use if this then that for everything in this app then the app is useless which makes no sense why they haven't fixed it and why they're working on a new app or a new service that should be incorporated into the same failed app.

mnarloer
Novice

True, but if you want an option to do it, there is a substitute...

Snn5
Apprentice

Defeats the purpose of home automation. And no even the IFTTT geolocation does not work for some Androids on 8.1.

mnarloer
Novice

I wasn't referencing Geofencing, I was referencing widgets for alarm/disarm.

Brutus5485
Onlooker

Why not use the IFTTT app and set the widget button to arm and disarm the alarm?

Clowesy
Onlooker

I have an Arlo Pro system and have installed the IFTTT widget button to arm / disarm the system. On activating the button I get a message back that the system has been armed / disarmed but on checking the mode status nothing has been activated.

Anyone else have the same problem

freichart
Onlooker

It is hard to understand that this basic feature is not available. I now istalled a smart home power switch in front of the base sration and Arlo Q, but this is a popr workaround