Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
larschr5
Guide

Would really appreciate the ability to arm/disarm Arlo from the iOS lockscreen through a widget. Today I have to open my iPhone, open the Arlo app and then select which mode I want. Please consider this for a future app upgrade 👍

nodder
Guide

Hi, I do this on my iPhone using the 'DO' Button app (from IFTTT).  In fact I have two buttons as widgets on the top dragdown (is that called the notificaitons screen?).  One to arm all cameras and one to disarm - works a treat when the Geofencing won't switch schedule automatically!

Hope this helps,

Nodder.

arlocurious
Tutor

nodder wrote:

Hi, I do this on my iPhone using the 'DO' Button app (from IFTTT).  In fact I have two buttons as widgets on the top dragdown (is that called the notificaitons screen?).  One to arm all cameras and one to disarm - works a treat when the Geofencing won't switch schedule automatically!

Great idea!  Stumbled around until I figured out I needed to add the Arlo channel to the DO app (as well as the IFTTT app.)

larschr5
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion which is a temporary solution. However I have two arming modes I need to be able to switch on/off which can't be done through DO.

I'll use it to arm Arlo when I leave every morning though so thanks for that 👍

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please ensure that this is not limited to ARM/DISARM.  These modes are useless as they only allow one rule per camera.  The Widget must allow toggling of custom modes.

Any news ???????

MadDev63
Novice

Has anyone answered this question?

auiwowie
Aspirant

Hi there!

Are there any plans to come up with a new widget for arlo on iOS10?

@JamesC any update on this? making my own widgets in tasker is fine, but not everyone can do that and the easy toggle would be a great feature.
ittroll
Apprentice

Looks like this is coming.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Announcements/Arlo-Widget-for-iOS-10/m-p/1152387

Being able to quickly check and change the mode would be great.

bascherz
Guide

I'm just going to chime in and reiterate how useful this would be. The current "New Mode" feature is ridiculous. Imagine being able to copy the  existing "Armed" mode and then just turning one camera off and calling the new mode "Front Door Off", something that  would be great on Halloween (tonight!). And/or just add an on/off slider to the Modes page for a given base unit that gives quick access to the camera on/off feature you currently have to go into the individual camera settings pages to access. These features are already in the user interface... just please make them easier to get to, more intuitive.