Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Widget/Individual buttons to arm and disarm modes on my phone

I would like to have two "buttons" on my phone

"arm"

and 

"disarm"

(or one for each mode would be nice)

This was, I can arm or disarm with one press of a button,

NOT

open app

select mode page

(wait a ling time for that page to load)

selct "modes"

select which mode I want.

ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON INSTEAD OF 6

Comments
Mindygirl
Guide

Someone has said this is in the pipeline for further down the track, but when is it expected to be available?  At present, we are disappointed that we can't arm/disarm all cameras at once.  

Erik508
Onlooker

The schedules are ok for M-F 9 to 5, but outside of that we have to manually turn the cameras on when we leave and manually turn them off when we get home.  (so, evenings, weekends, etc)

A widget with a one-touch mode selection would be VERY useful. 

freichart
Onlooker

When I leave home and want to activate alerts for motion detction I need to open the app, select Mode, then select Arlo Q, then I activate the rule for activation of motion detection, then I need to select the "normal" Arlos to do the same.

Same procedure vice versa when I come back home.

Pls change the app in a way that I when I open the app I find a button with witch I can activate / deactivate the motion / noise dection of all cameras, be it Arlo or Arlo Q. Ideally the activation is delayed 20 secs or so giving  enough time to leave the appartment without getting an unnecessary alert.

Superman2000
Apprentice

yes some arlo widgets would be great

Pet1700
Apprentice
Could netgear add a widget that we could have on the main home screen of our phones so that we could quickly switch between modes without having to open the app first. Opening and waiting for the app takes time, while this widget would let us switch modes instantly, and let the app do the connecting and updating the modes in the background without having us the users wait for the app to open and connection to be made first... 😊
JamesC
Community Manager

Pet1700,

I have relocated this topic to the Arlo Idea Exchange.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is an obvious Requirement that would benefit everyone.  Make the system quick and easy to use.  I have raised it many times before but the Arlo team are more focussed in "pet projects" than giving customers what they need.

ShockwavePyro
Apprentice

+1 for widgets

Shermjazz
Novice
I'm using the DO button by IFTTT to toggle between armed and disarmed. Works perfectly.
bennopants
Novice

Would be good to have a widget on homescreen to arm and disarm the cameras.