Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We really need the "fence/in range/gps/" option

I really liked the camera its just missing the autodetect if im in range or not, I know canary camera is doing it but I heard that the firmware and support are not good. Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea. My problems of setting up rules with schedule is that during weekends im always in and out and its kinda tedious amr/disarm the system.

Here to support and push for the fence/in range  idea.

Comments
PeteK68
Fledgling

With the systems I've used (such as Nest), it seems as though there's an implicit override.

If you've got an active schedule, and you need to modify it "on the fly", you just do. The normal schedule resumes the next time the schedule dictates.

In other words, if you have your temperature set to 21 degrees (I'm Canadian), and you want it to be warmer, you just change it as needed. Nest will pick up the schedule again when the temperature has been explcitly set the next time in the schedule.

In Arlo terms, I think it could work like this:

1. You've got your predetermined schedule, and the web interface (or app interface) would:
    1. If the current state is "Armed", you would be given a "Disarm" toggle switch or button.
    2. If the current state is "Disarmed", you would be given a "Arm" toggle switch or button.
    3. Arlo would automatically abide by the schedule at the next defined point in the schedule.

Also worth mentioning, Nest provides a "vacation mode" that allows you to override settings for an extended period of time. That would also be good to have, if you want Arlo to be armed or disarmed for an extended period of time, regardless of the set schedule.

BigShow136
Follower
Omg please enable this and smart things hub support too! Come on!
BigShow136
Follower
I have to open to many apps to leave my house
danb01
Guide

This is needed! I can not even get it to work with the IFTT app. I would love to have automatic actions based on geo location.

JeffR
Follower

Started off with 3 Dropcams for inside the house. As soon as Netgear released Arlo, I bought it immediately. I now have 8 Arlo cameras outside the house. I love them and they blow my Dropcams away -- except for one feature. LOVE the Home and Away setting for the Dropcams. Hoping Netgear releases this feature in the near future.

malux
Initiate

Can't believe Netgear didn't add this feature in the app yet.

Aldan
Fledgling
Ditto...
Aldan
Fledgling
Canary home security does that...
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

We are excited to let the community know that the Geofencing Beta has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing Geofencing Beta

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

We are excited to let the community know that the Geofencing Beta has been announced! For more information, take a look here: Introducing Geofencing Beta