Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Stop Phone Calls While Enabling Chime

Need a way to stop phone calls yet still ring the chime when the button on the video doorbell is pressed.

Comments
jhainzl
Star

Aside from posting the same comment in Arlo Communities, I live chatted with someone from Arlo support. He verified that there is no option to do what we want. I suggested that it should be a top priority with Arlo to get this fixed. We don’t need phone calls  and the doorbell chime while we are sitting in our living rooms.

Eddie_cl
Fledgling

Same here. Its just ridiculous you cant stop call without disabling chime. 

Todjarper
Observer

@FCarr wrote:

Need a way to stop phone calls yet still ring the chime when the button on the video doorbell is pressed.

Todjarper
Observer

Arlo.com.  rest it

PYT
Fledgling
Fledgling
Yes, I just installed the video doorbell and I was shocked to see that disabling these calls was not an option without going to silent mode. Please add this feature.
Semiconon
Novice

I agree with these comments wholeheartedly.  If I can't find a way to stop the phone calls and still allow the doorbell chime I may have to switch to a different device.  Having both things going on at the same time is maddening.

sergeinester
Fledgling

Yes this is very annoying and I only found this operated this way when I’d set it up.   Why on earth - if I’ve bought the chime would it assume I want to receive a phone call too.  I’ve tried blocking the call - but it is unblockable.    Arlo please a switch option for phone calls and a switch option for chimes.  Problem solved.  

sergeinester
Fledgling

Yes this is very annoying and I only found this operated this way when I’d set it up.   Why on earth - if I’ve bought the chime would it assume I want to receive a phone call too.  I’ve tried blocking the call - but it is unblockable.    Arlo please a switch option for phone calls and a switch option for chimes.  Problem solved.