Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Give easy access to delete/trashcan icon on iOS app

Since the latest app update, some features have been "moved" - in particular, when viewing recordings, it "used to be" that the delete/trashcan icon was readily available on the bottom of the screen, easy to tap & delete.  Now, it's hidden under an sub-menu (thanks for NOT warning anyone where to find this stuff!). 

Please either put the options back at the user's fingertips for quick EASY access, or give us the capability to set up the screen(s) how we want them ourselves/what would be easiest/quickest to use/access.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DLMonarlo,

Could you clarify what you mean that it's under a sub-menu? Could you show a screenshot regarding this?

DLMonarlo
Follower
I'd be glad to, but I'm not sure how to include screenshots in this forum. Perhaps I can explain it better: At the top right corner when you view a video, there are three small “dots”. There is nothing at the bottom, below the video window. Previously, instead of the “dots” there were options of what to do with the video clearly immediately available on the bottom of the screen, below where the video appears. In order to get to those options now), you have to go to/select/open the three “dots” in the upper right, then the options will appear at the bottom. This adds more steps to what was a simple process when viewing videos, of simply selecting what you wanted to do (in my case, quickly & easily “delete” then “ok”). Why the added step???
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for clarifying. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!