Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Use Camera Name as the Local Storage File Name

I have my arlo pro 2 base station set to record to local storage but the files names are the camera serieal number and not what I named the camera.

The local storage file names should use the camera name inorder to easily find specific recordings.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

kiljaden
Follower

When a camera file is downloaded, its name is simply the epoch timestamp. This is fine, but if a user has multiple cameras, the videos all get mixed together upon download. It would be nice if the filenames had the epoch timestamp as well as the camera name (or serial number, or some other sort of identifier). This would make it easier for downloaded videos to be sorted without having to go through each one and rename them manually.

TLRMTM
Follower

Allow users to change/alter the default file name for local storage recordings in order to better organize videos. Currently, it seems that all recording files are given the same designation as the camera's serial number...which is inconvenient. I am NOT asking for the ability to change the serial number. Simply the option to have files recorded with the names users have given their cameras which would make it easier to find specific recordings for specific cameras.

StephenB
Guru

@TLRMTM wrote:

Simply the option to have files recorded with the names users have given their cameras which would make it easier to find specific recordings for specific cameras.

I agree, it would be great if there were more options available for this.