Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Solar Panel Charging Time

It would be great if within each camera setting we would have a check a box that said something like, "Connected to Solar Panel”.  When that box is checked we could get a running total of the charging time per 24 hours. 

Comments
TomMac
Guru

Not really needed... At most you'll get a few hours before and then after high noon....rest of the time not enough direct sun to actually charge

NOLA_BoB
Aspirant

I disagree. I get plenty of sun throughout the day. The problem is during different times my solar panels are in shade. I would like to know the total time they are getting to charge. This would also help in placing the solar panel in the right spot.   

Xichlo
Luminary

You need to reseach "Ideal Solar Info", maybe local Solar co. would give you this. Depending on you location, ideal would involve compass and degress slope of panel for Ideal. Basicly aim at sun location between 12 noon and 2:00PM, then angel it to ideal slope. I'm in Arizona and normally can get 100% in 2-3 hours from 80% and it usualy starts good charge around 8:00AM. House is Solar, 8.54 KW system, only admin charge, now $14, but with Production Credits, only pay about $30-$40 total a year