Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Update Snapshots at regular intervals

I've seen suggestions for an "emergency record" mode, where one click would begin recording all cams.  I have suggestions for a couple things:

1. Allow for an updated snapshot at regular intervals, not just at the last motion detected.  For example, even if no motion has been detected for days, updating the snapshots displayed in the Arlo dashboard every hour, two hours, or whatever would be great.  I wouldnt have to click "LIVE" and then "PAUSE" on each camera separately just to get an idea of how things are looking currently.
  2. A button to make all cameras live simultaneously as well as a "pause all" would be great also.  Or, related to above, just a button to refresh snapshots on demand.
Comments
jsm174
Guide

I check my Arlo cameras via the mobile app often. Not sure why I do, I guess it just makes me feel better. 🙂

It would really be great if you could update the thumbnails at regular intervals -- even if just once a day.

I created 5 IFTTT applets (btw... tedious) to capture 10s videos everyday at 10 am. 

What would be great would be in addition to the "Start recording" IFTTT Arlo action, you could add a "Capture Image" action.

Lego34
Aspirant

Hello
Is there a way Arlo take pictures instead of a video in motion detection?
Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager

Lego34,

This can be done on Arlo Q/Q Plus, but is not yet available on Wire-free/Pro. Snapshots can be taken manually (via live stream).

JamesC

jasonx101
Apprentice

I would like to be able to maually create a photo snapshot without having to connect to the camera in live view as this can take too long and miss any action I might like to capture.

Most of the time I just want to capture an image of what is happening at that moment, and only go into live view if something is happening on the snapshot.

kevin4
Apprentice

I would like this as well.  With android you could allow a shortcut which would trigger this too,  iOS it would be on the force touch homescreen app menu.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes