Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Turn cameras on/off with Alexa

I've seen this request already, but wanted to recommend that it be added to the set of Alexa skills.  Being able to turn the cameras on and off thru a command to Alexa (not simply the Echo show, but all Echo devices) would be great.  I would like the option to say "Alexa turn off FrontDoor Camera" or "Alexa turn off ArloCameras (group name)".  I've seen some request to add a password to the command, which could be OK too, but not a priority for me. Thanks for a great product, please keep improving! 

Comments
Arlo Moderator

Hey @PapperHawk,

That sounds like an idea! I'm moving your post to the Idea Exchange Board where the development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thanks for posting your idea and the support!

Aspirant

This feature would be very useful if I'm going outside, for example, to do yard work.

The difficulty would be in securing from somebody on the front porch yelling 'Alexa, turn off the front camera!' while outside its viewing area.