Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Time Format

Why not use international timing format (24hrs) instead of the US Format (am/pm) only.

Comments
Sadface
Follower
So,

2016 i saw a thread about making it so you can choose 24hour clock instead of 12/am/pm.

What is happening? How do I change?
AImeeWalton
Follower

It's not even just that it's irritatingly fixed as 12 hour format with no option for 24 hour, it has a leading zero which is usually used to signify 24 hours format.

This problem is compounded when receiving notifications on iOS as the AM/PM wraps onto the next line making it look even MORE like a 24 hour time.

Time format wrapped in notifications.Time format wrapped in notifications.

trulskaare
Novice

Can't believe Arlo still haven't added 24hr time as an option. I thought this was a global company, not just for America. Lol, just noticed it says my content was last auto-saved at 05:25 PM at the bottom here. Do you design your products in inches and feet too? 

Donnaiola
Novice

I am sure most European users would much appreciate a military time format. This has been requested on this site before, as long back as in 2016. What is the current status on this issue now? Is it a technology problem (sounds strange, should be a quick fix) or is it just lack of will?

MH84
Novice

Pls fix this

Accel84
Novice

24h format would be very nice. Please 

darthvoid
Fledgling

Come on Arlo, please implement that, it's easy.

The AM/PM system is very confusing for most people. Especially around midnight and noon.

thomasjohnsen
Observer

Another weird thing, Arlo app Library uses 24h format. This inconsistency is very annoying!

Here is a screenshot showing the notification, and the Library entry for the same event.

Screenshot_20210525-123906_Facebook.jpg

(Pic doesnt seem to work, here's a link:)

https://ibb.co/0rxn4hk

StephenB
Guru
@thomasjohnsen  wrote:

Another weird thing, Arlo app Library uses 24h format. This inconsistency is very annoying!

I believe it's tailored for your geography/language (as is the date format in your screen shot).

It'd be nice to allow the time format to be set.

@thomasjohnsen  wrote:

(Pic doesnt seem to work, here's a link:)

Embedded images won't show until they are manually approved - which can take a little while.

GRoelS
Novice

Please enable the possibility to switch to the international (24hrs) time format!