Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Time Format

Why not use international timing format (24hrs) instead of the US Format (am/pm) only.

Comments
MaxV
Guide

Agree, i live in Sweden and the timeformat in Library and mail is in AM/PM. Please make a option to change timeformat to 24 hours time.

jult
Star

Why even use that silly AM PM stuff? Who even understands that nonsense?

12 AM and 12 PM, so when do you actually switch from AM to PM, at 11:59 ? What a ridiculous invention that was.

I prefer the Library on the website to show me military time, PLEASE. At least make that optional.

jult
Star

Oh wait, this is for arlo, not arlo Q.

Geez.

Anyway, should also be like that for Arlo Q I guess.

JamesC
Community Manager

jult,

An option for military time is a great idea. While not currently a feature on the Arlo system, I will relocate this thread to the Arlo Idea Exchange so that it gets proper exposure to the development team.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

jult
Star

I really don't want to hear it s a great idea, if it wasn't I would not be posting it. I wanted to see it in there yesterday. It's strange and stupid to not have it in there. What did you make these things for? Who still uses this weird AM PM stuff anyway?

I have camera software, that is free, on my Raspberry Pi that understands we want military time as a default.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

sep2li
Tutor

Same here, AM / PM instead of military time is not too cool in Germany...

PS1847
Novice

Wow, in 2016 this was a novell idea which Community Manager James would push to the development team..... 

New to Arlo I am somewhat disappointed that European users are so uninteresting to Netgear that the 2 hours programming time cannot be allocated 😞

Joybat
Tutor

Hvorfor kan alarmer ikke vise 24 timers ur og kun 12 timers ur

StephenB
Guru

@Joybat wrote:

Hvorfor kan alarmer ikke vise 24 timers ur og kun 12 timers ur

It's been requested before, but for some reason Arlo still only uses a 12 hour clock.