Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The grant access user cannot use the direct access to the local storage.

I hope Arlo team can take this suggestion into consideration. 

Comments
Jennsskylar
Novice
Arlo needs to fix this issue NOW! I spent way too much money on this pro 3 system just to find out I have to pay so my family members can see the local recordings!!! I'm beyond pissed. I would have gotten the cheaper 2 system that includes cloud storage and sharing at no extra cost. They found a way to rip people off and seems that it's working... I will never purchase an Alto system again and will never recommend them.
sylviak
Tutor

I fully subscribe to the comments posted by many users of the Arlo community. This failure to grant direct access to the USB to a second person (friend) is akin to a bug. Either that or a direct policy to force the users to buy the cloud subscription. I hope the product will be enhanced in a very near future, to prevent a lot of dissatisfied customers.

frazer84
Fledgling

I've also created a case (42558781) after buying an expensive large and fast USB stick to use for local recordings and give access to my family. I will also add reviews about this to all major hardware review sites in my country so that others are warned about this major flaw in the product and software. 

JonAxel
Novice

Tech team must add this feature asap. It’s stupid that only primari account can access the memory card. Please fix this. 

midas06
Novice

Adding support for this feature to be added!

Jukemjake
Novice

I am pretty sure this is a dead echo but this feature is a must...

stickdeez
Novice

Call tech support today and pretty was told that they are aware of the flaws of the product, and if yall don't like it, ditch it.  i don't think there's any plans they will get it patched.

RobR221
Novice

There are so many glitches with Arlo including this, worst investment ever. This issue has to be the most ‘dumb’ of all. How can you not have a family who is using one camera security system access videos and the base??  BTW, all these updates and 2 years later I still can not see my Arlo ultra 2 camera recordings remotely, only the pro camera recordings. . Waste of money 

Quintett
Observer

Hi,

I am a new user who is very disappointed that currently there is no way for a non-primary user to access locally stored videos. Do you have plans to change that in the near future?

To me and my wife, this is a showstopper-level issue, as we prefer not to use cloud storage.

Thanks!